X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• james
    replied
    Re: My hands as a YouTube personality

My tripod arrived in the mail today. We're getting close...
    James

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

Originally posted by TDVT View Post
    glad she asked!
    So am I then

(felt a bit stupid at first, because of course I knew about Jim's bread films...)

Leave a comment:

• TDVT
    replied

Originally posted by james View Post
    Frances, some of those already exist from CannuckJim. Jim did some excellent video on bread technique. There are here:
    I had no idea those were posted, glad she asked! James & Jim, thanks for making those. Are some of them supposed to be without sound?

I would also be interested to see the baguettes/torpedoes after proofing & being slashed.

Also maybe a chronological vid of how your dough (bread or pizza dough) should look & feel at the various stages; first mixed, first kneading, before shaping, after proofing, etc.

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

Originally posted by Frances View Post
    Other good topics would be (hand-) kneading dough, and shaping bread, slashing it... and everything else pertaining to that.
    Frances, some of those already exist from CannuckJim. Jim did some excellent video on bread technique. There are here:

Hearth Bread Instruction Video | Bread Techniques
    James

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

Good idea JW. That is one thing that iMovie does well. You produce the video, and then can publish it in a range of different qualities, from Internet to HD DVD (though I don't have an HD camcorder yet).

I will make sure to do that.
    James

Leave a comment:

• jwnorris
    replied

I would also suggest that as we may migrate these videos to DVD that you shoot in the highest quality that you can and edit down for internet posting.

J W

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

Other good topics would be (hand-) kneading dough, and shaping bread, slashing it... and everything else pertaining to that.

I also agree with Krosskraft that it would be nice to have more advice on how to use more of the residual heat. Not necessarily on video (though why not?) but I would appreciate lists of things you can cook at different heats - a chapter or thread or whatever each on things that work at 260, 230, 200, 180, 170, 150, 120, 100, 80, 50 C. Searching the recipe threads for a particular heat is a bit difficult.

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

Dave, you are so welcome to help.

If you want to shoot video on any WFO topic, you can send to me with a file sharing service (we use Pando), and I will produce it and post it to YouTube and FB.com.

Let me know if you want to give it a shot! :-)

James

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

i wanna help!

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

Is that cheating?

i expect more james

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

Of course the great thing about video is that you only have to show it when it works. :-)

I am picturing lots of Julia Childs TV moments.... "here is the dish we started earlier today, and it's perfect!"

James
    Last edited by james; 05-01-2008, 07:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DrakeRemoray
    replied

Getting the pizza from the counter to the oven!!

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

Originally posted by krosskraft View Post
    I agree with the basics listed above. After that, I suggest actual MENUS that follow a sequence of fire heat. Appetizer, main dish, dessert. Even "after dinner" potroasts, breakfast calzones, etc. We need to cook more things with available heat!
    AGREED

seems logical

Leave a comment:

• krosskraft
    replied

I agree with the basics listed above. After that, I suggest actual MENUS that follow a sequence of fire heat. Appetizer, main dish, dessert. Even "after dinner" potroasts, breakfast calzones, etc. We need to cook more things with available heat!

Leave a comment:

• PizzaPolice
    replied

Have you seen Videos on ExpertVillage.com | How to videos, free video clips & more
    It has a huge variety of folks from just about everywhere demonstrating their particular expert talent. Check it out. I enjoy the site but don't understand how it operates. might be worth a try.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X