Kebabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kebabs

I made up a basic kebab cooking device... a 14’’ steel plate with a bit of threaded bar, the nut underneath the plate allows for easy turning....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-e08Yl-khuk

Very cool looking kebab holder! When you push on the kebab sticks, how are they attached to the bottom plate. When I first watched the video, I thought you were turning the plate directly but now it seems to me that you are using the kebab sticks...? Also, could you take a picture of the base and post it. Seems very stable to have only a nut underneath. Certainly looks like something I'd like to add to my oven's tool selection
    Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
    Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
    Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
    Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I can see where that would also work for other WFO dishes.
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Yes I will post more pictures but since I took that little vid we have started adding food in the plate under the kebabs.
        we tried pre cooked sliced potatoes and pre cooked rice.
        we also found that you don’t need to get the oven really hot as the back fire does a lot of cooking, heating the oven for one hour seems about right, so they make a good starter before the oven gets really hot for pizzas.

Comment

Comment

Very nice setup! Is the "steel plate" a 14" pizza pan? Did you fab the holder at the top or is it repurposed?
            Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I think it might of come from a old microwave but I think a frying pan with the handle removed would work. Yes I drilled a few holes in a s/s penny washer and just cut a few slots in the pan.
              I have found that the top pieces of food cook faster that the bottom pieces but there is not much in it really and it most definitely works well.

Comment

This is how we cook kebabs in the oven. Click image for larger version

Name:	P6140635.jpg
Views:	562
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	405560
                Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by fox View Post
                  I made up a basic kebab cooking device... a 14’’ steel plate with a bit of threaded bar, the nut underneath the plate allows for easy turning....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-e08Yl-khuk
                  I love to see your video but its too short only 18 seconds.
                  Can you post other video with suitable titles to cook kebabs.

Comment

Working...
                  X