X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gulf
    replied
    Smoke is prevalent mostly on startup. It normally doesn't last very long as the fire gets hotter. There is no actual visible smoke once the oven gets up to temperature. However, smoke can be reduced on startup by using some fire management techniques. Completely dried wood is the key. Also, search the forum and/or the net for "top down fire". There are other methods that can help reduce startup smoke, but that will only come with experience.

Leave a comment:

• Ethan1989
    replied
    Hello I sawed the video, I had a question why wooden oven produce too much smoke Is it possible to produce less smoke?

Leave a comment:

• mothy
    replied
    Re: Oven Firing Video

Thanks James, great video, I don't recall you saying 'um' at al

It's great to see the process in action for those of us who are new to woodfired ovens.

Cheers,

tim

Leave a comment:

• fragarcolin
    replied

I saw the video and it is wonderful as well as helpful too.

Leave a comment:

• PrestonEhome
    replied

i ll read it fully next time

Leave a comment:

• kebwi
    replied

Yeah, small wood. Both half-cords I bought (sorta ) are intended for fireplaces and I spend an unfortunately large amount of time chopping it down to much small pieces. Once an oven is 1000 degrees, wood that size catches fire in about five seconds, seriously. It's kind of frightening frankly.

Leave a comment:

• lwood
    replied

Great video James, finally I can see how it is suppose to be done. Seriously, it's good to see the process in order to avoid frustrating mistakes. My only comment was that I had trouble hearing your voice at times, especially when you were bending over taking the temperatures.

Flegreo - the secret is dry wood and forearm size pieces, preferably split. Once the oven is hot, the wood should burst into flames almost immediately when added to the fire.

Leave a comment:

• Flegreo
    replied

James,

Great vid. I also would be interested in knowing the kind of wood used, and tips in getting it to light and burn so easily. Also it looked like to cut/chopped the wood into about 2-3" wide pieces.

Leave a comment:

• ThisOldGarageNJ
    replied

nice work james,,,, thanks for the videos, thats about the only area of the forum i havent gotten to yet ....

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

Great timing. The pizza video (in a 24" Primavera oven) was posted last week. You can find it -- and all of our videos -- here:

Forno Bravo Video | Wood-Fired Cooking Videos

Let me know what you think.
    James

Leave a comment:

• pjcampo
    replied

great video - do you have any video of a pizza actually being made? I recently put together a 24" I.D. pizza oven so I am very curious to see how others handle the small size. It seems like you would have plenty of room for a 10-12" pie there. I have not used mine yet as I haven't gotten around to insulating the dome.

Leave a comment:

• ross
    replied

thanks for that its great...very informative

It would be nice to see the fire being built at the start as it looked like you had made a small cage with the wood..

great little oven aswell about the same size as mine

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

Here is the YouTube version. I had to cut out 1:40 to fit their 10 minute max, so a couple of transitions are choppy, but it's fun having it out there.

Take a look.

More videos to come and comments are appreciated.
    James

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

Originally posted by ross View Post
    Hi James

Any chance you could save it out as somthing but.mov file as it runs as a quicktime movie....

Id love to see it
    Hi Ross,

Quicktime plays on all computers, so we have decided to only publish in one format (sorry about that). You can download the free player here:

Apple - QuickTime - Download

Or, you can watch it on YouTube. It will be there later today.

Enjoy!
    James

Leave a comment:

• PizzaPolice
    replied

Nice video!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X