http:www.fornobravo.com/video/fire_lighting.mov

Or

It's fast and it's pretty easy.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Lighting a fire

James:

Great video, did not know you could use the fire starters we were afraid of the wax in the oven but I guess it must melt off. We build the fire the same way with the exception of the fire starter, we use cardboard egg containers and the formed cardboard ends that printer toners come packed in (we get those from the office!)
    Check out our blog for a glimpse into our hobbies of home brewing, soda, beer and wine, gardening and most of all cooking in our WFO!

http://thereddragoncafe.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nice video. I have one more suggestion. Dryer lint catches the firestarters very well. We keep a plastic tub on top of the dryer to collect the lint. I must say though I have been doing the "top down" method with two big logs on bottom and the smaller wood on top with a lint-wrapped fire starter and have had very good success.

Comment

I will try that and make a video. I wonder if I could get enough wood to complete fire the Primavera in a single "top-down" built. That could be cool.

James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Nice dog midway through.

Comment

great stuff James thanks.

Have you tried the top down method? ...

Comment

Hi James

my neighbours are very close so I worry about smoke from the oven

Wanted to say thanks for the video after 3 big fires that took lots of newpaper
              and messing to get going..the criss cross method with firelighters was brilliant.
              I did it as a sort of top down fire with 2 big logs at the bottom which also acted as a good base to circulate air..

After 5 mins of smoke the oven was roaring and white within an hour..I could then throw any size log on and it was not giving out smoke ...got the top too 1000F..and kept it at around 700 for 3 hours while we cooked pizza..

cheers again the videos theyare a great idea...

Comment

Working...
              X