X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ross
    replied
    Re: Ciabatta bread video

fantastic james .....these videos are invaluable..

cheers

Leave a comment:

• drogers
    replied

Thank you for posting the video. There is a wealth of knowledge shared in the video, both the visual and verbal parts conveyed had a lot to offer.

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

Here is the YouTube version.

James
    Last edited by james; 10-15-2008, 11:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• james
    started a topic Ciabatta bread video

Ciabatta bread video

I made bread today and shot a video, which came out pretty well. I am very happy with the Primavera oven -- more so than I am with my videography. Hopefully my video (and bread) skills will continue to improve.

On a positive note, the oven was fully fired with three pieces of wood. One split into two; one split into three and the last split into kindling. The Top-Down firing method is a real keeper.

I shot an entire sequence which described making the Ciabatta dough, but the cinematography was terrible, and it ended up on the cutting room floor. More to come on that in the future. In general, the recipe is the Hamelman Ciabatta with poolish formula, with an overnight pre-ferment and roughly 80% hydration dough. It has a 3 hour bulk fermentation with two folds.

I had a great time doing the video and I hope you enjoy it. Comments are greatly appreciated.

One last thing. The oven had enough retained heat to bake Beer-Can Chicken. I will post a short video on that next. The YouTube version of this video should be live shortly.

Cheers,
    James

Last edited by admin; 10-01-2015, 07:27 AM. Reason: Removed the old link
Working...
X