Beer Can Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beer Can Chicken

hello julia here..As is the selection of beers. Some people are militant about this decision. You will see advice telling you stout is the only beer for beer can chicken, while others will tell you any beer but stout. I don't want to get into that here.
    hello mcp
    enjoy it

Comment

Re: Beer Can Chicken

I made my first entire meal (OTHER than pizza, bread or appetizer) in the WFO Saturday night: beer can chicken, roasted potatoes, roasted baby artichokes, and roasted garlic (and for dessert, roasted pears, which was easy and really tasty).

The chicken was incredibly juicy, but the highlight was the crispy skin. I think duck would really shine in a WFO. I'll have to do that soon.

I was really surprised how easy it was to cook multiple dishes at once. It was a cool evening, so I mostly stayed inside and came outside only ever 15-20 min. to stir the potatoes and move the chicken and other pot to ensure even cooking.

I fired my oven for about 45 minutes, and then moved the coals to the side (you can see in the photo that my oven only cleared at the top, so it wasn't super hot). I only built a fire towards the end when I wanted to brown the chicken and potatoes (and to provide light for the photo).

Cooking in the oven is so fun! I'm really looking forward to spending the summer outside cooking.

S

Comment

Working...
      X