X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wood-Fired Pizza

James

Thanks,

Also you mention in the video a one kilogram batch. I have been doing the 500gr tipo 00 batch recipe you have on the Forno Bravo web site but I would much rather make a larger batch. To make the one kilo gram batch do I just double the ingredients or are their different quantities I need to be concerned with? I know some types of recipes if you just double them they do not work out right.

Thanks

Comment

As long as you're measuring your ingredients by weight and not by volume, bread recipes generally scale very well.

Comment

Great video. I put it on my pizza blog. I don't think that looked too charred at all!!! I like a little char -- yum, flavor!!
        Keller TX
        Artigiano 39"
        former Phoenix resident and Pizzeria Bianco fan
        www.leanblog.org
        http://mypizzaoven.blogspot.com

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Ed.
          Appreciate the response.

Comment

Wood fired pizza ovens are considered to be "low tech" but highly efficient. Because of advanced thermal engineering and materials used in the design and construction of these types of ovens, foods can be prepared very quickly. For example, if cooking a raw, fully topped pizza in a regular gas or electric oven takes up to 20 minutes, it can be ready in two to three minutes in these type of outdoor pizza ovens.

How is this done? Well, a fire is built inside the oven and as it burns, the heavy, insulated walls and dome of the oven heat up. Once that domed chamber is "white hot", the fire is either allowed to die down or is kept very low. The oven itself remains hot for hours because the heat that is stored in the oven walls and domed ceiling is radiating out and now allows you to cook or bake in extremely high temperatures immediately or lower temps when it starts to cool with passing time.

http://www.ppt2swfsdk.com

Comment

I did not try to set those thresholds that high.
              I will look into that
              The sun on the paint on the window, My sweating forehead over the candle in a wine bottle.

Comment

hello james,you are good!Pretty good as long as the venture. Efforts!!!
                The sun on the paint on the window, My sweating forehead over the candle in a wine bottle.

Comment

I have also tried wood fired pizza and it was really awesome, actually I have hired a wood fired pizza oven on my birthday first time and enjoyed it with my friends. It was really great in taste.

Comment

Awesome video!

Comment

Hey! This is cool! I wonder how you regulate the heat? I've been baking using an electric oven, it's very easy to regulate. How does it taste? Does it taste like woods? LOL

Comment

Posting to see if my comment threshold is too low to see the video link

Comment

It appears to be a broken link. I'll try to repair it in the op.

Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
                            Here is my first try at a Pizza Napoletana video. I baked a Margherita in my Primavera oven, with info on dough, pizza peels, and firing/controlling the oven.

Take a look! Back to my self-help theme -- let me know what you think. :-)
                            James

Nice Work ..!

Comment

Working...
                            X