Firepit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Firepit?

Just curious... why did you choose to put the fire ring and rocks so deep into the pit. I have just finished my gas firepit and was thinking of having the fire ring and lava rocks near the top. Thanks

Comment

Because I didn't know any better I am "planning" on raising it up another 6"-8" (by just adding a longer threaded nipple), removing the lava rock, and essentially filling the whole pit with white play sand. My neighbor has this setup and it looks soooo much better than the lava rock. I might even add the glass stones on top of the sand but since that stuff is so expensive......I doubt it.

Whatever you do.....Just make sure that the holes of the ring face down so that water doesn't get into the pipe.

Comment

dtrbovich... Thanks for the heads up on facing the ring down. Might have made a mistake on that. My pit looks very much like yours. I plan on having the lava rocks almost flush with the top and then making some sort of hard cover for the top when not in use so it would look like a table.

Comment

Tex,

Very cool. Good job!

Heidi
          FB

Comment

Bama, have you built it yet?

Comment

Yes, just waiting for plumber to hot up ring and then I'll put the lava rocks in. Just finished building new home so lots going on besides the firepit. I'll take pic when finished.

Comment

This is an old thread but I thought I would mention that one of the coolest fire pits going is the Keyhole fire pit.

Comment

You can get someone to build a nice firepit for you at a very affordable rate. Check out this site to get some photos of beautiful firepits.
                  Outdoor fireplace photos
                  Last edited by Qqueen; 10-29-2013, 01:32 AM.
                  Woodlands outdoor patios

Comment

Originally posted by Qqueen View Post
                    You can get someone to build a nice firepit for you at a very affordable rate. Check out this site to get some photos of beautiful firepits.
                    Outdoor fireplace photos
                    Two posts and two links to your company selling patios and related stuff.

To spam or not to spam that is the question.

Maybe they wont notice?
                    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
                    X