Attempt at a Fireplace Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attempt at a Fireplace Pictures

Dont even know if this belongs here or not but I'll post it. I decided we needed a fireplace out on the patio to compliment the pool, kitchen etc so I came up with this. I knew nothing about masonary work and the fact it's pretty hard work but came up with this. No plans, only an idea in my head andbuilt it "fly by wire".

The idea.....

Last edited by TEX; 05-21-2012, 06:17 PM.
    *****WoRk To LiVe NoT lIvE tO wOrK*****

Re: Attempt at a Fireplace Pictures

I won't go so far as to say you did it correctly, but I will say that it will probably work just fine for what you are using it for.

Simple, free fireplace plans:

http://vestalmfg.com/PDF/FireplaceThroatDampers.pdf

And your outdoor area is very nice.

Comment

Some more pics in various conditions...

Comment

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
        I won't go so far as to say you did it correctly, but I will say that it will probably work just fine for what you are using it for.

Simple, free fireplace plans:

http://vestalmfg.com/PDF/FireplaceThroatDampers.pdf

And your outdoor area is very nice.
        Thank you for not beating me up!

You are very much correct on that. I had no idea of what I was doing and if done over again would do some things differently. I can say it was a laborous undertaking for mw ,myself and I. With that said, surprisingly it drafts very well whether is dead still or windy. Really dont use for a heat source more for the ambiance.
        Last edited by TEX; 05-21-2012, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Tex,
          The fire place and the pool area are just down right beautiful . There must be a little Texican left in me. (I was born in Tejas) I love the "bonnie blue star" theme and what it represents. I'm not a Cowboy fan though .
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Wow, this fire place looks more safe and easy to handle such kinda area, nice pictures. Will apply same to my restaurant.
            granite fl

Comment

Working...
            X