• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanuckJim
    replied
    Re: bbq

James,

I'd build a simple box, a bit wider and deeper than the largest grill I'd be using. It looks like the Italian version has a straight back. I'd angle it inward a bit, a la Rumford, then build a standard flue tile chimney using 6" tile. Should work just fine.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

Drake,

That's our oven! It's a model our producer makes that we don't sell in the states. Cool.

Here's something similar from France.

I'm still wondering about the best way to build it and vent it.
    James

Leave a comment:

• DrakeRemoray
    replied

When I went to Italy last year we stayed in a house that had this oven with a grilling area next to it. I thought it was an excellent design, shovel coals out of the oven and grill away.

The brick enclosure of the grilling area really bounced the heat back on the grilling meat!

Drake

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

Is anbody going to bite on this one? I am interested wood and charcoal grills, and would enjoy hearing more about this. I have at least one more outdoor kitchen in me (probably coming up soon), and I am seriously considering an old-fashioned masonry grill/BBQ.

Any ideas?
    James

Leave a comment:

• blade
    started a topic bbq

bbq

Super forum.
    Please help me with ideas and maybe with doc/photo to build a brick or concrete outdoor barbeque.
    Thank you.

PS: I am a big fan of home made bread !
Working...
X