Mirage Stone Outdoor Fireplaces W/ BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirage Stone Outdoor Fireplaces W/ BBQ

Costco sells the Mirage Stone Outdoor Fireplaces W/ BBQ. Looks pretty nifty, no mortar, interlocking joints, and not too expensive. 2 variations on the same theme. The one mentioned above seems to have firebrick insides and a 3 position shelf, not unlike the churrasco setup, the other type is open on all 4 sides with metal screen, although you only have one side that actually opens for messing with the fire. This one says it is Lp gas, but I don't see why you couldn't burn wood as well. Seems like a nice easy addition to a patio build. Doesn't seem to need a special foundation either. Follow the link to the manufacturer, who seems to only sell to costco for a nifty video on the assembly.

Good Luck.

Re: Mirage Stone Outdoor Fireplaces W/ BBQ

Um, what link?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
    [/CENTER]

Comment

Google to the rescue:

The assembly pictures,

The video.

I don't know if it would work with wood. You would certainly need a stronger grate.

Upon further searching, they do have a wood version, and it's a couple of hundred bucks less. Still, it's in the same price range as the Forno Bravo fireplace, which is made of real refractory material.
      Last edited by dmun; 10-29-2007, 06:22 PM. Reason: found more links
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Are there any recomended dry stack kits other than this one?

Comment

I use and recommend the rumford plan. You can buy just the throat and damper, and build your own firebrick firebox, which is much easier than a pompeii dome, or you can buy all the pre-cast components

Rumford.com
          My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Drool!!!! :smile:
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
            [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
            X