Outdoor Fireplace installation photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Outdoor Fireplace installation photos

We used one piece of back board to set the angle back from the mantel. The rest was straight concrete block. The hardibacker gets covered with tar paper and lathe, then the rough coat of stucco. The cap you see in the photo is all metal stud and hardibacker. Those guys really take a lot of time, but they look nice. We covered the two chimneys on the house in a similar way.

The neighbors gardener stuck his head over the fence today and said "nice job." Both the fireplace and oven are now tall enough where you can see them from the street.

I will post photos of the oven later today. The enclosure is done and the first stucco coat done -- and the stone arch is going in today.

Lot's of work; but it's still fun. The house renovation stopped being fun a long time ago. :-)
    James
    Last edited by james; 03-04-2008, 04:31 PM.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Re: Outdoor Fireplace installation photos

I agree. They are doing a great job. I wish I had all that knowledge. Going back and forth between books and then best guessing is getting old.
      GJBingham
      -----------------------------------
      Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Working...
      X