X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bimbo
    replied
    Re: Fireplace/oven planning stage

I should also clarify that they wouldn't be running at the same time or trying to use the fireplace to heat the oven in anyway.
    I would imagine that on a cold night that once the pizzas have been finished that you may be able to pull the coals out and put them in the fireplace for a bit of heat for the area.

Leave a comment:

• bimbo
    started a topic Fireplace/oven planning stage

Fireplace/oven planning stage

I have just spent the last few hours searching for designs on fireplace and oven combinations but seem to be able to find very little.
    I have been given permission by the wife to build an WFO oven on the proviso i build her an outdoor fireplace and due to space restraints it will have to go ontop of each other so I have been racking my brain trying to work out how it can be done.

There unit is going into a corner so i figured 1 option is to vent out the back of the fireplace and run the flue on an angel to come out in the triangle space at the rear of the oven (i am building a 36ish dome) but this would mean the fireplace would be very deep.

Other idea i just came up with was to set the oven back a little like this photo Pizza Oven Photo | Stockton and have a shallower fire place and run 2 smaller flues through the hearth slab and up the outside on either side of the oven arch and merge into the ovens flue. This would all then be hidden by the exterior brickwork.

Is there anything obviously wrong with either of those designs?
    Will 2 smaller flues draw just as efficently as one larger one?

any other suggestions and critisism is more than welcome

Cheers
    James
Working...
X