BBQ Smoker under Pizza Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BBQ Smoker under Pizza Oven

What you say is true but my ash slot has always had more than one use in my plans. First, it is an ash slot which I sometimes use but it does kick out a lot of dust if you let it drop down to the bottom. Second, it is a flue for my outdoor fireplace which we use quite a bit. Third, it is a source to use the oven as a smoker and I can control the smoke without having to open the door of the oven.

After building the oven I would say you really don't need an ash slot, however I am very glad we have one.

Comment

Re: BBQ Smoker under Pizza Oven

Hello to all. I am new to the forum and have been looking forward to building my oven for a year now. Before building I am considering incorporating a firebox into the design so I can use the WFO as a smoker as well so I was please when I found this topic.

I am thinking of building an attached firebox that vents through the floor of the oven via an ash slot like opening. From what I have read I see others have had success.

Any thoughts or recommendations for the new guy before I get too far in the design process? If anyone has any more designs or plans I would love to hear about 'em.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X