Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall locked pavers - a problem?

Hi all,
    I am planning a 500 sq ft. clay 4 x 8 brick paver patio which is surrounded on three sides by a block retaining wall. If I install the pavers in sand, do I need some type of expansion joint to protect the walls/pavers and if so what could I use?
    Thanks,
    Dave
    Album: http://picasaweb.google.com/fornososo/Pizza#

Re: Wall locked pavers - a problem?

Dave,

You can butt your pavers directly against your wall blocks which make for the perfect patio retainer. If you want a border it will be more work, but you only have to do it once. Depending on your field pattern, you're still faced with cutting 45's for the front of your oven. Below are some pics of my nearly completed patio, one with a contrasting border (contoured to the the split-face block under the oven base) and one with a matching border butted up against the house (smooth like your blocks).

Your oven and kitchen has turned out beautifully. Can't wait to see what it looks like with your pavers in!

John

Comment

Thanks John,
      I need to polish the countertops, stucco the walls, and then I'll lay the pavers. I really like yours. It looks like you took the time to bevel the edges of your cuts. Very precise work.

We chose a more rustic paver with a cobbled edge thinking that we won't need to be so perfect. Coincidentally, the pavers on the display board above ours look a lot like yours.

Dave
      Album: http://picasaweb.google.com/fornososo/Pizza#

Comment

Dave,

I like your brick choice, which will go nicely with your countertop color. The cobbled edge is going to make it SOOOO much easier to install! The bricks I chose came beveled already, and only the angled or half bricks I made needed beveling. With your skillset you should make quick work of the install, just make sure you slope the patio to drain properly. Looking forward to seeing your countertops once they are all polished up.

John

Comment

Working...
        X