Pizza making table.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pizza making table.

I've seen some nice outdoor tables, but to keep them nice looking they'll need care. I'd finish with a UV resistant poly and expect to redo every few years depending on the direct sun it sees.

My unfinished ipe seats around my kitchen, get washed but are not sealed, so they show some checking If they were a tabletop, flour would accumulate in those checks and not easily entirely cleaned out.
    Last edited by christo; 05-06-2011, 04:18 AM.
    My oven progress -
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
    sigpic

Comment

Hey Al
      What is the size of your table , just been given some good sized Red Gum , would be idel to make a table similar to yours\
      Regards
      Grant

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt44 View Post
        Hey Al
        What is the size of your table , just been given some good sized Red Gum , would be idel to make a table similar to yours\
        Regards
        Grant
        The table is 800 x 2050mm
        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Standard table height is 36inches and at least 24 inches deep, but deeper the better. Length is up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by mfiore View Post
            What would members recommend for a food safe, durable (ie - weather resistant) wood that might be available in the U.S.?
            Any type of wood you use as a food surface must be untreated.

You could have a spot built into your table for a cutting board.

This one would be a good choice.
            Modular Series Puzzle Cutting Boards - Epicurean

Having crapped out many cutting boards, these seem to last forever, but are not the very best on your knives.

Comment

My commercial cooking background must be showing I was thinking stainless steel.

this is probably overkill for domestic use as ling as it is maintained reasonably it probably doesn't matter.

Comment

Second hand stainless steel would be a winner plenty of that about if you know where to look and size is negotiable.
                I would love a big bit of marble to have a cool surface for pastry though,there is some about but not near me.

Comment

A friend gave me a piece of 1.5 x 400 x 1000 mm stainless steel (a piece for him and one for me) which I simply place on the table. It needed a bit of clean up, but a rotary sander fixed that pretty quickly. It means we can use our tables for other things and the stainless steel sheet can be stored out of the way when not needed.
                  Last edited by david s; 03-10-2012, 08:57 PM. Reason: Typo
                  Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by TropicalCoasting View Post
                    Second hand stainless steel would be a winner plenty of that about if you know where to look and size is negotiable.
                    I would love a big bit of marble to have a cool surface for pastry though,there is some about but not near me.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	dough board.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	288723

This is my dough board ....which is the cut out left over from mounting a sink in a marble benchtop. This one I got from a builders clean free. I have another at work that I use for (Skibbing leather) that I got from a local Kitchen Place for $ 10. They are great for working with any dough they stay cool to the touch and with a little flour nothing sticks. This one lives in our kitchen as the child bride loves it and I have to steal it back to use it for pizza. My bench is just floor tiles durable, wipeable and wheather proof the addition of the dough board and a wooden cutting board makes it complete for pizza building

Regards Dave
                    Last edited by cobblerdave; 03-10-2012, 08:00 PM.
                    Measure twice
                    Cut once
                    Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                    My Door
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

"This is my dough board ....which is the cut out left over from mounting a sink in a marble benchtop"

That looks more like granite than marble to me, but probably works just as well.

Comment

Gudday Davids
                        The people that built that house are going to be "Pissed"... me I'm happy with my rock

Regards Dave
                        Measure twice
                        Cut once
                        Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                        My Door
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

All things are relative. When I was in Italy in 2010 I was surprised to see marble used in a number of small cottages at their front door entrance. Obviously it is, or was, more plentiful in Italy and used more like a common building material.

Comment

In older houses here in the US you will see front door thresholds made of marble. As a matter of fact it is used in this application in lots of commercial buildings as well as for window stools

Comment

Working...
                            X