Spacing and selection of burners for an outdoor range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spacing and selection of burners for an outdoor range

We're thinking extending a counter to the left of the pizza oven and have a range at the end of it. I'd particularly like it for having a really powerful heat source outside of the house. I'd like to have at least two big burners for homebrewing, or so I could use a wok at decent temperature. Also, I'd like to have two burners in succession whether horizontal or vertical so I could put down a griddle. I am wondering what are good burners that can be left out in elements, but can also be generally set up DIY. What could I fit in an area a little less than 36x24 inches?

I was also wondering about fuel. This would probably be propane since the cost to get a natural gas line back there would likely be too much for what it is worth. Is it reasonable to keep the tank under the range or should it be to the side?

Re: Spacing and selection of burners for an outdoor range

Hi Rocko, I to am thinking alone the same lines as you...
    Have you made any progress on you outdoor range?

I have looked into single and double cast iron burners and set on a layer of fire bricks.
    I also will extend my natural gas line to do this.
    I would like input from someone who has gone this way, so not to "reinvent the wheel".

thanks.
    Oven build 2010
    Masonry veneer finishout 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Rocko Bonaparte View Post
      I'd like to have at least two big burners for homebrewing, or so I could use a wok at decent temperature.
      You could make a tandoor oven, that would give you plenty of heat, you could also put a restrictor ring on top for the wok.
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

A lot of propane/gas barbecues have side burners.

A trip to your local dump with a set of tools and you could probably score a couple for free.

Comment

Working...
        X