Pizza oven outdoor FP chimneys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza oven outdoor FP chimneys

Hello all. first time posting. i am a mason and I'm looking to build an outdoor kitchen for myself. My space is a little limited so i have had to arrange things fairly particularly.

I'll have an L shaped space, with the back side of each leg of the L being 10' The oven will be a corner unit with a gas grill on the right and i would like to put a Fireplace on the left. I'm thinking that the chimney from the oven will have to join up with the chimney of the fireplace. I'm not sure though. I think that having 2 seperate chimneys would look kind of funny, but maybe not. Anyone have a picture of an oven either directly beside a fireplace or beside and at a 45* like I will have.

Also wondering if putting the chimney of the oven at an angle will reduce performance at all?

Finally. my oven will be limited to 32" inside diameter. I know that bigger is better to a degree but this is all I really have room for, I could sacrifice some facing space but I really don't want to. Is 32" sufficient? I'm finbe with cooking only 2 pizzas at once.

Thanks for any and all help

Re: Pizza oven outdoor FP chimneys

Welcome aboard
    We novice bricklayers can use a mason for sure. Especially me.
    Search the threads and you will find many discussions about oven size. Nothing at all wrong with a 32". I had space limitations as well, and you build what you can that makes sense. Not sure about joining chimneys. I have a corner build and a gas grill as well. I originally considered having a fireplace and oven both. But, the oven is a fireplace too. So i decided i didn't need both and could use the space for other good stuff. (refrigerators, storage. side burners, sinks, dishwashers) Try to draw something out and start your plan. Sketchup is a free software to render your plan in 3d. Take a lot of pics and enjoy the ride.

Tracy
    Texman Kitchen
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

Mine is not a fireplace but a grill, but I built the chimney for it right next to the oven.

Comment

Here is a better pic:

Comment

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure what I'll do. I've sketched it out a bit but I come up blank when i hit the chimney area, maybe I'll try that program although my computer skills are lacking. I think what I'll do initially is to build the stove and leave it as an igloo or barrel vault (haven't decided which type to do yet, I'm sure you'll all persuade me to do a dome), that way it will be totally independent of the fireplace and the 2 chimneys won't look weird. Then if I want i can raise the facing when I get some inspiration.

another question i have is about the landing. how important do you guys feel it is. i guess i could cantilever a landing but I won't bother if it's not real important.

PS, any tips on laying brick or stone, just ask
          Last edited by smackzed; 05-01-2012, 09:45 AM.

Comment

It is very important.

Comment

thanks tscar. by the way, it's dom-mas from CT

Comment

Hey Dom, get busy!

Comment

I'm still waiting to hear about whether I need any permits or not. The fire chief is unconcerned about the idea but not sure about the building official. Apparently she's new and a real stickler about everything.

Comment

Working...
                  X