Reclaimed Barn Beam Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaimed Barn Beam Kitchen

I've already built the 36" oven which is working great and I've poured a 16 wide by 20' long pad. I also have lots of good barn beams and field stone to work with (from the collapsed barn) Plus water, drainage, and electrical.

I've never build a timber frame, never built a field stone wall but have built lots of other stuff

Basing the structure off of this frame
    16' x 20' pine timber frame for sale!

Planning galvanized "U" brackets lag bolted to the pad to hold frame in place.
    Having the upper truss' milled so they will be straight/square.
    Also having roof cross pcs and kneebrace 4x4's milled.

To the left of the oven I've got two drainage pipes that feed into a 3" coiled drain tile underground, plus water, and electricity in pipes

Have lots and lots of good wall field stone and one restored "milk house" on the property constructed from field stone so was trying to keep the look consistent.

Was considering a 4' field stone wall on the back and also completing the oven enclosure with field stone or fake field stone.

Roof will be red steel to match the garage.

Also have 3"x14" sil plates from the barn that I was going to turn into a bar and already have a harvest table constructed from old barn floor boards (Pic)

Considering fabricating stainless steel prep tables with adjustable shelving/top

Ideas/Feedback/tips???

Re: Reclaimed Barn Beam Kitchen

Stainless steel can be expensive, we found granite work tops much more readily available and cheaper than stainless - I own my own engineering company!

Also granite is better for rolling out pizza dough...

Otherwise sounds good.
    Where can I find logs? I need more!
    Finishing the WFO will come after the barn is completed http://flinthousebarn.co.uk/

Comment

Re: Reclaimed Barn Beam Kitchen

I like the look. Timber frame is not difficult once you get past the heavy lifting. The one thing I would do is put a moisture barrier between your pine and your concrete.

Looks like fun!

Comment

Working...
      X