Outdoor kitchen finished!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor kitchen finished!

It's been a long project but the summer kitchen is finally finished...yeah!

The major milestone was getting the countertops installed.

I found some great old tiles at the flea market to add a finishing touch.

Now to try a paella!

XJ
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Re: Outdoor kitchen finished!

I love that sink. very cool.

Drake
    My Oven Thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

XJ,

Nice job. Looks very finished, very Spanish, and it's laid out by somebody who has a passing interest in cooking. How much for the sink?

CJ
      "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

The sink is great, and the oven door, and the paella cooker, and what great countertops. Great job.
        My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

I gotta get one of those sinks...

Comment

That is so cool. Corner oven, great tiles set in the wall. The stucco and granite look great together. I can't wait for photos of the first wood-fired paella.
            Complimenti Jim. I'm guessing you really like it.

Does anybody know of a company that imports marble sinks? Hmmm.

James
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

How tough would it be to carve a sink from a large stone? I'm guessing that with enough time, diamond blades and sweat, it could be done.. I just got done googling stone sinks, and they aren't cheap.. If I remember correctly, they are a fairly common item at side of road stands in Baja California..

Comment

Baja by truck, or Italy by sea. Let me think about that for a minute. Our first rental house had a great marble sink (in the main kitchen), and there are a ton of shops that sell them around here.
                What do you think Nick?
                James
                Pizza Ovens
                Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I imagine that since you already have shipping dialed in from Italy, and being that you are there it would be easier to get started on pricing them out etc.. Judging solely on the rate of responses on Jim's sink, the demand is out there. I'd be interested in taking a scout trip to Baja to price some out and take some photos. No reason why you can't offer two lines of sink. None I can sink of anyway..

Comment

Balls in my court for here, and I will wait to hear what you find. I like this idea.
                    James
                    Pizza Ovens
                    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

The sink was 2 big clams at the flea market. The shape is excellent and it has the small mason marks from when it was carved.

When I bought it, the seller hit it with a hammer and the "ring" was incredible.

Took three people to put it in the car....and I've got an appointment scheduled with the chiropracter....

Jim

Comment

Hey Jim,
                        Does that mean you bartered the sink for two clams?? In modern currency, how much was it? I'm thinking of become a marble sink tycoon. LOL.
                        James
                        Pizza Ovens
                        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Heading South gives me "That Sinking Feeling"

Comment

James, the sink was 'used'....I cleaned a little cement off one side and will still be cleaning the outside to remove a little more cement and some paint on the front.

These types of hand made things are pretty common around Spain but are starting to bring higher prices. This was 190 Euros which is about $250. A friend who has a father-in-law in the flea market business said I paid too much (double) but we liked it. Prices can be all over the place here. A lot of the old sinks here are stone and more rustic looking. This one was nicely squared with good proportions.

I've been shocked at what they are asking for some items in the antique stores here. We have three favorite Rastro's nearby (flea markets) in Jalon, Pedruguer and La Nucia. We often leave with nothing but other days find a treasure or two.

Comment

Jim,
                              We were this close to buying two old walnut chairs at the antique store in Jalon, but didn't -- and Carrie still brings it up years later, "we should have bought those and had them shipped." Oh well.

I have started looking for a company that makes news marble sinks. We have a friend through the school who owns a business here, and he says that Italian stone working equipment and technology is the best in the world. Could be fun.

One last comment. The sunlight in your outdoor kitchen photos is great. What a great time to be on the Costa Blanca. It looks perfect.
                              James
                              Last edited by james; 04-02-2007, 04:23 AM.
                              Pizza Ovens
                              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
                              X