Outside L outdoor kitchen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside L outdoor kitchen?

I don't know if it's the best way to describe what I'm thinking about, but it seems many outdoor kitchens are set up in an L, but the cooking area is on the inside of the corner such as this random google image:

What I've been thinking about for our yard is to orient the oven, bbq etc., on the outside of the L, which I crudely sketched on our plot plan

I'm curious if it would look weird. What I'm trying to do is nestle the kitchen around the bushes in the this picture (sorry for the glare)

With the goal of having the patio open so that it essentially drops off to take advantage of our ocean view.

Re: Outside L outdoor kitchen?

You have a beautiful view of the ocean...

Why only "L"-like kitchen zone in plan, and stove at the corner? For my mind first of all You must decided when You want to look to ocean? When cooking? Or when resting on party? From plan I can't understand where is the direction to ocean.

PS Many users can't read your post because photos is too lage (above 2000 px). The text is distributed over the entire width of photos and goes beyond the area where it should be displayed. I had to view the source page <Ctr+U> for what to read text.
    It seems to me that the maximum size of 800 px for images which do not interfere with the reading of the text.
    Last edited by valentin; 09-24-2014, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Sorry about the oversize pictures, I'm traveling and have spotty internet access so can't access the host site to resize them. Also the way this forum is set up, I can't access the side of my post to be able to edit it and delete the attached oversize photos.

The view is to the west, or the top of the plan in the direction of the drainage arrow. My thought is to have the kitchen area off to the side with a large patio that has an unobstructed view of the ocean.

Comment

Excellent! Plenty of space. Now we need to consider whether the chef to be able to enjoy views of the ocean. And go from these considerations to choose a place for the stove and tables. This is in Alaska?

Comment

It seems a bit unconventional, however I think the "reverse-L" might work really well. The nice thing about is that you can set up the pizza assembly area on the one side, and people making pizzas wont get in the way of the oven operation...You need a lot of elbow room to work the oven.

Comment

You have a lot of space. And why "reverse L", may be stand alone oven with two stand alone table (for clean and dirty kitchen area).

It would be nice to add to the project and BBQ cooking plate. Barbecue and kebab require other conditions than pizza. And for cooking pilaf need stove preferably with a round firebox.

Comment

Valentin,

Yes, I'm in Alaska.

As far as the "reverse L" I'm trying to come up with a configuration that leaves the yard as open as possible for a large patio. There will be times where we will be entertaining rather large groups of people, 50 possibly 100 and hence even though the yard is large, we'd like to keep it as open as possible.

Jeepiper,

That's what I was thinking, pizza assembly area off to one side, and the other side could be for people to grab their pizza when it's done and to lay out side dishes and refreshments. I'll also need to incorporate a smoker and a grill.

Comment

Hi Paul,

What are you thinking is great. I also have few outdoor kitchen ideas. Below are few images or you can also have a look at omicron granite reviews.

Comment

Working...
                X