Outdoor sink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Outdoor sink

Have a roofed structure with a WFO, BBQ, two separate Side Burners, Fridge, Nine bottle wine fridge and Granite countertops, wood cabinets below

Fridge in Southern California view as a need to have and saves trips back to main kitchen for infredients. Can maintain water and soda for kids plus those persihanbles I will be using for cooking. Allows to store stuff needed later in day prior to arrival of guests or just to make it easier on myself.
    Wine fridge, small portable 9 bottle variety. Received as a gift, not sure I would have bought separately, keep under counter. A Nice to Have item.
    BBQ - self explanatory, but am using a Tuscan Grill more often when I have WFO fired up.
    Side Burners - Issue here is with even a slight breeze reducing effectiveness of burners. Use, but not as often as I had origianlly thought.
    Countertops - great for making pizzas, prep other items etc. Easy to clean.
    Sink - have not yet found need but did install a waste pipe during construction tied to drainage system, have cold water access and would just need to cut hole in granite to install. At present have preferred the extra counter space versus benefit of sink.

Comment

"Sink - have not yet found need but did install a waste pipe during construction tied to drainage system, have cold water access and would just need to cut hole in granite to install. At present have preferred the extra counter space versus benefit of sink."

Ladies and gentleman we have a winner

Why I did not think of that before, I don't know??? My solution is to rough it in and if I find the need, its in place, if not no big deal. What got me in the post was "preferred the extra counter space versus benefit of sink" which triggered the light in my head

Thanks and again thanks for all the replies
      J.P
      http://www.palmisanoconcrete.com

Comment

All this time I was trying to figure out what WFO meant.....

It certainly wasn't what I thought it was...

Christo
        My oven progress -
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
        sigpic

Comment

Christo.....I want to, but I'm not going to ask

Comment

We love our outdoor kitchen, we have a walk out basement, so I keep most of the supplies indoors, but we have a small fridge outside (not a true outdoor fridge, but so far it's lasted 2 years) we have a sink and I do all the cleaning up outside. will post pics in a separate post.

Comment

I'm planning on a major patio/pergola renovation for the back area where the oven is a feature. I have a cast concrete bench with orange tiles (the trendiest colour for the 70's) which are to be replaced with Italian tiles. It housed the original BBQ which was LPG and built in.
              Also planning on including a sink but initially with cold water only as it is within a metre of the location. Wast water no problem as a sewer inspection point is almost directly beneath it and very east to connect legally.
              Still thinking of cupboards and shelves as the existing water tank is shot and not needed to be replaced.
              The roof is to be gabled with a self venting strip running the full 12 metre length which can be closed off during the colder months and half clad with colourbond and half with polycarbonate sheeting, so that no light is lost in through the large sliding door into the family room/kitchen and also the new laundry.
              Also planning clear vinyl cafe style blinds above the retaining walls for those miserable times which will then turn the patio into an all year round solarium style entertainment area.
              The last thing to be done will be to tile the existing concrete floor, restock the brich flour boxes with fresh plants and install the very large outdoor setting, Somewhere around the $6,000 to $8,000 should see it in hopefully by christmas.

Neill
              Last edited by nissanneill; 08-19-2008, 03:53 PM.
              Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
              Neill’s kitchen underway
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Originally posted by nissanneill View Post
                Also planning on including a sink but initially with cold water only as it is within a metre of the location.
                We only drew a single cold water line from the house, but our plumber put in an electric powered instahot gadget so the water heats just under the sink. It really does work very well. Unless you need tons of hot water I would just draw the single line.

Comment

Originally posted by christo View Post
                  All this time I was trying to figure out what WFO meant.....

It certainly wasn't what I thought it was...

Christo
                  I did that, too - took a while to realize what it actually meant. Still have to think about it when I see it.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
                  [/CENTER]

Comment

was thinking about going only cold water in my sink until I was looking on Ebay and saw small instant hot water heater LPG powered at a very resonable price.

I think I'll go with a hot and cold faucet and work the instant on hot water heater in at a later date.

Chrsto
                    My oven progress -
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
                    sigpic

Comment

Christo, does your LP gas hot water heater require an electric hookup?

Concerning a sink, I'm planning on installing one. When I'm out at the outdoor kitchen, I don't want to feel the need to run back & forth. My goal is to have everything I need out there so that once the party gets started, we can sit back and enjoy the facility.
                      Mark

Life is too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

I'm using a pretty great stainless steel sink, it doesn't get scratches, it doesn't stain as well. I got it from this site. I hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Brauma View Post
                          Christo, does your LP gas hot water heater require an electric hookup?
                          I have one that just requires 2 D cell batteries and hooks up to a propane cylinder like a BBQ. The version I have will supply about 5 sinks with 115 degree F water ( health dept requirment) and costs about $300. If I remember it is a Ecotemp L10. They also have smaller versions for about $120

Portable Tankless Water Heater

You can find them on Ebay and Amazon as well.
                          Sharpei Diem.....Seize the wrinkle dog

Comment

I use the sink a lot, it as a great asset. I think the sink is more important than the fridge. I can wash my hands quickly. I soak corn for the grill. It is used for general clean-up. Or just to get a glass of water when working in the yard.
                            Our faucet is a hose type nozzle. I also clear the keg trap and line using the faucet hose. The keg drip pan drains into the sink trap. Washing down the keg trap keeps the bugs away.
                            I do wish I had a little more counter space. We currently make the pizzas in the kitchen and bring them out to cook.

Comment

Jim, That is one excellent looking outdoor kitchen!
                              My Oven Thread:
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

I am in the planning stage for my outdoor kitchen and a sink is a must. My set up is near our garden rain water tank and if the tank is more the 20% full gravity will do instead of a pump. I was thinking of just having a 20 litre bottle in a hide-away under the sink to catch the grey water and empty it the next day on the garden. A qiuck rinse of the bottle in back ready to go again. Now if I could just get the rest of the design done!

Comment

Working...
                                X