Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Our outdoor kitchen

Thanks Brauma...
    It may take a bit longer to start the oven, as we are looking to reestablish the grounds. hired a landscaper to fix it.

Comment

What type of stone did you use for all of your tops? Does it have to be sealed? I am currently planning an outdoor kitchen/oven and I'm trying to decide on a surface...concrete, granite, stone, etc... I live in MD and the weather was a concern.

Thanks, Patrick

Comment

It is similar to tenessee flagstone, but I think everybody calls it something different. My wife liked the woodlike grain in it. It does need to be sealed as it is porous and would otherwise get moldy or have food stains, oil stains from heavy use. In the picture below you can see a dark stain behind the grill where someone (probably me) wiped it with a rag before sealing.

It is NOT very forgiving if you are not a mason. Our mason finished the edges by hand

He thought in retrospect a stone that didn't crack (like a glass) would have been easier, as he did break some pieces. (one of the corners on the bench, but he was able to fix it so you can't tell unless you know what to look like)

I really like the finished product though.

Comment

Landscaping is going well

obviously it's going to take some time to fill in

this is where the tools and vehicles drove in and out over the last year and a half of projects. Been tilled and ready for some grass (sod and seed as needed)

Comment

Very well done. You have an enviable backyard.
            Mark

Life is too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

around the outdoor kithcen... amazing what a little grass will do.

and more on the back

Comment

Nice job! Great stonework! I like the fencing too. Given a couple of years growth, those plantings will fill in. It all should come together nicely!
                GJBingham
                -----------------------------------
                Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

My wife commented that the kitchen was looking dingy, (I hate it when she is right... actually when I am wrong)
                  So I powerwashed it today and resealed the counters.
                  Looks much better, and actually got rid of some of the stains mentioned earlier.

That black stain is gone!

The counters look more like wood again

The blue stone doesn't look all grey

Ended up being a long day, but well worth it.

Comment

open for the season

Comment

Working...
                    X