My Outdoor Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Outdoor Kitchen

I Thought Id share some pics of my outdoor kitchen that I built 2 years ago from ironbark roundbacks and all sorts of second hand materials. I have always wanted a slab hut in the style of our aussie pioneers homes so i eventually got around to building it. I have been extending it ever since adding more cooking equipment and most recently my pizza oven which is shown in one pic in relation to the kitchen.
    My kitchen has a sink, which has hot water supplied by a wood stove with a heater jacket in it, connected to a 24 gal (i think) drum with a float set up to keep the drum full and a fair supply of hot water for washing up, i cook with a lot of camp ovens too which is a big job to clean up.
    It also has an old lounge in it and a small dining table.
    It can double up as a dog house, I made it so i could live in it if need be LOL

Re: My Outdoor Kitchen

I think the woodstove idea for the outdoor kitchen is great. Hot water is an added bonus. Looks great.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Hi Bluetung,
      your kitchen is not dissimilar to numerous stations that I stayed and visited along the Gibb River Road up in the Kimberly's.
      Did you use fire or common red bricks for your oven?
      Great stuff, sit back and enjoy.

Neill
      Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
      Neill’s kitchen underway
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Hello, I have 2 layers to my oven, the inner layer is good quality, second hand, house bricks and the outside layer is the old red fireplace chimney bricks.
        Thankyou.

Comment

Working...
        X