Outdoor Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor Music

What are you using for outdoor music. I am experimenting with iTunes and remote wireless speakers, and I also am considering using a powered speaker with an iPod docking station.

After of couple of parties, I will try to figure out which one works better.

With the wireless speakers, you have to mess with a computer for music (wine and computers don't mix), and with the iPod, I have to remember to sync the iPod before the party. Plus, the indoor speakers and the outdoor speakers wouldn't be playing the same music. Yikes.

What do you use?
    James
    Powered speakers with iPod.
    8.11%
    I turn up my indoor stereo really high (11).
    0.00%
    Boombox with CDs or Radio.
    10.81%
    Wireless outdoor speakers
    16.22%
    Wired outdoor speakers (I planned ahead).
    54.05%
    Other (let us know).
    10.81%
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Outdoor Music

James - I'm thinking of the wireless speaker route. At the time, when I built my gazebo's, I didn't think I wanted outdoor music - big mistake. Question, I did a quick google and it seems like you can use your existing system (no ipod or computer needed. This is a blurb off of one site

iPod Ready!!! Connect your iPod, MP3 player, PC, Laptop or any audio device to the transmitter for wireless Music!

Les...
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Er... no music at all? Is this really wierd?

I perfer not to have music when I'm outside, so I can hear the birds twitter, or the bats squeak and the wind in the trees etc...

Well, that and we have one mad neighbour, who'd start ringing the police right away. And don't suggest feeding her pizza, I think she probably digests her food by disolving it in her venom.

What kind of music do you listen to for a pizza party? Italian theme music maybe?
      "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Originally posted by Frances View Post
        Yes! :-)

James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I perfer not to have music when I'm outside, so I can hear the birds twitter, or the bats squeak and the wind in the trees etc...

Well, that and we have one mad neighbour, who'd start ringing the police right away. And don't suggest feeding her pizza, I think she probably digests her food by disolving it in her venom.

What kind of music do you listen to for a pizza party? Italian theme music maybe?
          I want any kind of music just to drown out the sound of the Mourning Doves -We are infested with them and they are driving me crazy! Here is a link to the noise and try and imagine hearing this non-stop, just about 24/7.

Mourning Dove

Les...
          Check out my pictures here:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Les, any chance you live in the country? If so, we have a good way to contol doves in Texas. Let me know if you need help, they are tasty!

Comment

Originally posted by Richie View Post
              ... Let me know if you need help, they are tasty!
              Particularly when wood-fired. Talk about two birds with one stone. :-)
              James
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I installed a multizone, multisystem unit in my outdoor kitchen when I had everything stripped out. From the starting from scratch scenerio, this worked great. If you are retro-fitting, it would be a bunch of work and wire pulling.

We ran 2 inch pvc around the pool, prior to paver installation. This allowed me to install 4 zones (sets of speakers) in the backyard, 1 set in the kitchen (I call it the manroom), one set pointing at the pool, one set of rock speakers around thesitting/table area, and one set around the hot tub.

I can turn the music on to all 4 zones, or just one if I want (keeps neighbors happy). Or I can sit in the manroom, listen and watch the baseball game while the kids listen to rap while they swim in the pool.

My inputs into the multisystem are AM, IPOD, CD, and a dual channel DISH receiver.

Check out Niles Audio if interested. I'm sure there are other suppliers as well

Comment

Excellent. Isn't it great when you plan ahead.
                  James
                  Pizza Ovens
                  Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Me.... 2 weeks ago, I saw an ad for Polk Audio Atrium 45 outdoor speakers...$75 - Free Shipping. Very nice.. I only wish I had bought several more.

Comment

I put the Polk speakers in the ceiling of the kitchen, sound awesome. All of the other outdoor speakers were purchases at outdoorspeakerdepot .com

Comment

Presently I use a boom box while outside. IF I had neighbors close they wouldnt mind because I do not usually blast the music. I am considering using mostly low voltage lighting around the cooking area. If I do this I will probably install a marine am/fm/cd player (weather resistant) I have in storage. I also have the weather resistant speakers to go with it. It sounds quite nice and with a slight upgrade on the 12 volt power supply it would work fine. I know it sounds kinda redneck but if done properly it will look nice and be very usable. Besides like I said before I am working on an ever shrinking budget so the cheaper the better.
                        Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste
                        like chicken...

My 44" oven in progress...

Comment

Thanks Canjun,

Don't forget to vote in poll. I think those are useful.
                          James
                          Pizza Ovens
                          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I have done different things and I like them all. I'm a bit of a Bose nut so I've done the outdoor speakers (wired) with a separate zone. Quite effective and with the radio remote you can control the system from outside. I think it's a lifestyle system.

But I've also used the Bose wave radio system with the IPOD. The sound is very good (most people don't believe the sound from a radio). With a few thousand songs on the IPOD you can set it on random play and come back in a month

There is a new Bose docking system that uses a battery...wanna get one for bonfires on the beach.....or paella's!
                            Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

Feed the snake Frances.... Play politics... make her your pretend "best friend"....
                              And play her favorite tunes..... Good luck!

I think most people play my vid where I am throwing dough and singing... I'm not even sure what the song is .. I sure don't no the words... But I bet everyone enjoys it on loud speakers!!!!

How's life in your part of the world?

Dave
                              My thread:
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
                              My costs:
                              http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
                              My pics:
                              http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

Working...
                              X