Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Texas

Hello,
    Just found and am new to the site. Looks very helpfull and full of great people.
    I am in the process of building a outdoor grilling area all from scratch.
    First i built a pergola last summer. Then layed flagstone patio. Now building the fun part! SS grill, prep area for food, frige., LCD lighting.
    You know us Texans we love to BBQ!!!
    I'll post more pictures as I complete the project.

Thanks
    B

Re: Hello from Texas

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find the info you need here. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste
    like chicken...

My 44" oven in progress...

Comment

Rockwallgriller.

Welcome!

Looks like you have a great "canvas" to work with!!!

I dont think you'll have any foundation issues since you're Tx. Us "northerners" have worry about frost heave and freeze/thaw stuff.

One thing to keep in mind is the placement of your oven chimney in relation to your house. It should go at least 2 feet higher within any structure within 10 feet...

Keeps us posted.
      Dick

Comment

Rock...

Wife is after me to build a pergola...really like yours. Is your top totally enclosed like a solid roof? Or are the slats open? Hard to tell from the picture.

And welcome! Craig
        ------------------------
        "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." - Henry Ford

Comment

The post are 8" x 8" very heavy!!!
          The others are 10" the 8" in the middle & top is the 2" x 2"'s.
          It is 16' x 16' x 10' tall (so post are 19' footers!!!) & 3' in the ground sucker is NOT ever going anywhere.
          The ends I had many designs I drew & ended up with these pretty simple design, just took a while to cut each & everyone out, I made myself two templet's for each size's of the 10" & 8" boards to keep it uniform. Overall it was very easy to build once the 8" post are set up & inthe ground. Here in Texas the ground is VERY hard.

Thanks
          B

Comment

cplain,
            Sorry I don't think I answered your question.... The top is open.

Thx
            B

Comment

Thanks for the details and the additional picture. The time you spent cutting the ends was worth it...it's beautiful!
              ------------------------
              "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
              X