Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Attach Soapstone Countertop to Metal Tube Frame - Outdoor Grill Area/Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Attach Soapstone Countertop to Metal Tube Frame - Outdoor Grill Area/Kitchen

Hi all,

In the midst of an outdoor kitchen (grill area) project. Grill area will be simple as it contains a build in flat top grill and a cut out for a Kamado Joe smoker/grill. I have built the frame using BBQ Coach metal tubes and have decided to install a soapstone countertop. I've done some searching but I can seem to find an exact answer. My question is, how should I go about securing the soapstone slab (3mm thick) to the top of the metal tube frame? Do I need to add some sort of sheathing between the countertop and frame or will the countertop just lay on top of the metal framing? Should I use epoxy? Silicone? Metal L brackets?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Hi Northeaster,

Welcome to the forum. I'm going to assume you meant 3(cm) thick. That is closer to the standard of 1 and 1/4" thickness for a soapstone countertop. If so, it can be glued directly to the metal tubing. I like clear synthetic rubber for attaching metal to brick or stone. You can find it for less than $10 in a caulking gun size tube. What dimensions is your cabinet? After a quick look at some of the coachman kits, I would recommend some cross supports added on 24" centers.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Working...
    X