Cold hits TEXAS! Oh My!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold hits TEXAS! Oh My!

I am staking out my plan to see if it all fits this afternoon, and a massive COLD front has hit Texas!!!

I am going to actually have to put on a pair of jeans just to survive this! Maybe even a long sleeved shirt or even a jacket!

Regardless, I will brave the elements, venture out into the 25 mph north winds, and do what I can.

Preliminary measurements yesterday look like I can do what I am planning, but it will put the oven slab closer to the extant fence than I wanted. The whole purpose of this planning exercise is to justify building the oven first, by the way, and I am very close to accomplishing that goal!

I really feel sorry for you folks that are living between here and Canada.

Cheers all,
    Travis
    TravisNTexas

Re: Cold hits TEXAS! Oh My!

That's here,, from one extreme to another. Go to work in shorts by lunch time you have to change into pants...

Hey your in Rockwall too I see, small world.

Comment

"I really feel sorry for you folks that are living between here and Canada."

Well according to this site:
      Detailed Weather Statistics With Radar For Rockwall And Hunt Counties, Including Caddo Mills, Quinlan, Greenville, Royse City, Fate, Texas TX USA

On this date in 2003 you had a high of 93 F and on this date in 2006 you had a low of 41F. On top of that you are currently in a three month burn ban.

Were you bragging up your weather on either of those dates? And what with all that stuff on the site mentioning hurricanes and tornadoes and such like? Lots of members on this forum live in areas where we only know of such things by what we see on the news.

I'm glad you like where you live. I like where I live too. And what's with feeling sorry for folks who don't live where you do? They might all move to where you live and it could get real crowded.

Bests,
      Wiley

Comment

I meant no offense. I was making fun of Texans, since at the slightest puff of cold air they are asking if the schools will be closed tomorrow!

And I like where you live too, though I have only been as close as the Oregon coast.

I appologize if my attempt at self deprecating humor offended anybody, and "I'm sorry" was a poor choice of words.

Travis
        TravisNTexas

Comment

PLEASE Remember to wear mask when mixing any type of mortar mix:

Causes irritation of mucous membrane and respiratory passages.
          SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF EXPOSURE
          Skin and Eye Contact: Corrosive to skin and eyes. Alkali burns to skin and eyes may result if contacted.
          Skin Absorption: Systematically toxic concentrations will probably not be absorbed through skin.
          Ingestion: Single dose oral toxicity is low. No hazards anticipated from ingestion due to industrial exposure.

MEDICAL CONDITIONS GENERALLY AGGRAVATED BY EXPOSURE
          Persons with lung disease should avoid inhalation.

Cough, dyspnea (breathing difficulty), wheezing, decreased pulmonary function, progressive respiratory symptoms (silicosis), irritation eyes and potential occupational carcinogen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockwallgriller View Post
            PLEASE Remember to wear mask when mixing any type of mortar mix:

Causes irritation of mucous membrane and respiratory passages.
            SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF EXPOSURE
            Skin and Eye Contact: Corrosive to skin and eyes. Alkali burns to skin and eyes may result if contacted.
            Skin Absorption: Systematically toxic concentrations will probably not be absorbed through skin.
            Ingestion: Single dose oral toxicity is low. No hazards anticipated from ingestion due to industrial exposure.

MEDICAL CONDITIONS GENERALLY AGGRAVATED BY EXPOSURE
            Persons with lung disease should avoid inhalation.

Cough, dyspnea (breathing difficulty), wheezing, decreased pulmonary function, progressive respiratory symptoms (silicosis), irritation eyes and potential occupational carcinogen.
            Since we are dissing locations ? sounds like that bag of mortar was headed for California.
            Check out my pictures here:
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Working...
            X