More from Texas - Project Complete!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More from Texas - Project Complete!!

Ok I know it's been a while for any post from me, but it's finished and complete!! About time!

Thanks everyone for help and advice along the way.

Thanks
    B

Re: More from Texas - Project Complete!!

More pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Comment

And for the top, did I mention that the top is very heavy!!

Thanks
      B

Comment

Very nice!

The whole space looks great, should make for some very nice parties!

JED

Comment

Very nice, love the colour of of all that stone!

... stupid question: Where's the oven? I mean not that you have to have one or anything. I'm just looking at the pictures going: hmm, somethings different here..
          "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

I know I know, I really thought about turning the arch way into a oven... but I have lots more room to grow our area. I am thinking of building a fireplace on the other side AND OR a pizza oven.... My next project what to do what to do hmmmmmm????????
            Thanks

Comment

Thank you very much Jed and Frances!!!

Comment

Very, very nice jobs on the bbq island and the pergola. I am in the middle of a similar project here in Rockwall as well. Just completed the steel frame and ready to proceed with hardibacker. Plan to use tile countertop and faux stone siding. SS doors.

Any lessons learned to offer? I have already found that this takes much more time and trips to HD/Lowes than I imagined

Have not started on pergola yet. That is next project. Did you design it yourself - if so, what was your source of design info on column and beam loading? Also, did you find a good source of cedar or redwood in the local area? Noticed that your pergola does not cover the bbq island. Is there a safety/code reason for that?

Thanks much and once again - great job.

Comment

beautiful job,,, hope your enjoying your new kitchen

Mark

Comment

Richards;
                    Thanks!
                    Yes I can't tell you how many times I went back to HD...
                    For the pergola I just went off a few designs I saw on line, but I ended up just creating my own design on my computer and cutting each beam, time consuming but worth it. I ordered all the cedar wood from Home Depot and since it's longer than what they keep in stock it took about a week to get in, so make sure you have your design exactly what you want.

The grill area did take longer than thought but well worth it. We spend almost all our time outside cooking-out and enjoying it.
                    I did not cover that part because I didnot want to feel closed in and wanted more room for seating under the pergola area. However I have seen some that are under pergola's and roof's and they are very nice.

Anymore questions feel free to ask!
                    Post some pictures of your build as you progress.

Comment

We should run a thread about how many trips,,, Home Depot, Brickyard, Lowes,, etc etc...

I know I made at least 4 trips to lowes just for cement as my truck could only hold 12 bags at a time,,,

Comment

only 4? Seriously, there are times when I have been four times in ONE DAY.
                        I despise the home center because they almost never have what I want when I want it (among other reasons) but back when I was knee deep in my housebuilding project, going to HD, et.al. was the highlight of my day just because it got me a little climate control and mud free-ness. Plus they have ok bathrooms, which when you're on a jobsite 16+ hours a day for 9 or 10 months without plumbing or a toilet, is SO exciting.

Comment

yes splat,,,
                          That was only one day for pouring the foundation,, Im sure there was a lot more than that....

If I had to guess, I bet my total oven build would be over 100 trips at least to lowe's HD brick supply etc....

cheers
                          Mark

Comment

Thanks for sharing the useful information, pictures.
                            I have just found it:
                            Jingle || Jingles || Radio Ads

Comment

Working...
                            X