Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Kitchen Design, What material for patio and counters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Kitchen Design, What material for patio and counters?

I am doing concrete, somewhat rough and rustic, but I plan on polishing and sealing just the dough prep area. Couldn't you do the same with the bluestone?

Comment

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
      I am doing concrete, somewhat rough and rustic, but I plan on polishing and sealing just the dough prep area. Couldn't you do the same with the bluestone?
      Polished Bluestone Countertop - - Buy Flagstone with Bargain Prices on Natural Pennsylvania Stone

Evidently, it can be done.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
      [/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I'm going to do concrete and stain, and seal it. The stain plans... Well we shall see if I have the skill to do what I want.

Comment

I can't stress this enough, make SAMPLES!!! I made about 30 different concrete samples last year using all different combination's of concrete dye and stains.. I then let my wife judge and she hated every single sample that was stained but she loved almost all the ones that were just dye's.

Also, you have to be very careful with stain and sealer to be sure you make it food safe. And having it outdoors won't help that.

I'm finally going to do my kitchen this summer, the oven was last summer, and It will be dyed concrete. I did the same for the oven last summer.

Just my 2 cents.

-Shay
          Shay - Centerville, MN

My Outdoor Kitchen/Pompeii WFO Build...

Comment

btw, the samples make nice stepping stones and accent pieces in landscape rock around the yard.
            Shay - Centerville, MN

My Outdoor Kitchen/Pompeii WFO Build...

Comment

Originally posted by blacknoir View Post
              btw, the samples make nice stepping stones and accent pieces in landscape rock around the yard.
              Oooh! I like that idea!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb.gif
Views:	7
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	280938

<bookmarks yet another thread...>
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
              [/CENTER]

Comment

Granite worktops make an excellent surface for rolling out dough, chopping and other kitchen work. The polished surface of granite does not wear off easily and is resistant to heat, stains and other external forces.

Comment

Working...
                X