Finished Pics with grill and sideburner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Pics with grill and sideburner

thought I'd post up a few pics of my outdoor kitchen that I finally finished this fall. This site was a great resouce as I worked through construction. Thanks to all and lets have some pie!

Re: Finished Pics with grill and sideburner

Hey Fairview that is a great looking project. Are you in Fairview, Tx? I'm over in Prosper and just getting started. I tore out some fence and landscaping and then this freeze hit! First White Christmas here in history and then it gets down to 9 degrees just as the freeze control on my pool dies along with the heater. ARRRGH! Just had to vent a little and feeling better now. Hope to get back to ground breaking on the kitchen soon.
    Scott -

My projects: http://www.facebook.com/#!/scott.kerr.794

Comment

Nice job Fairview! Really nice!

I didn't look at your location but as soon as I saw the first photo I knew it had to be Texas!

Great job! Bake On!
      Jay

Comment

Millstone, yea, I'm just down the street in Fairview. I started mine last year in Janurary but the weather was much better then. Then I had knee surgery in Feburary...but that's another story. Still took me until September to finish as I did a lot myself.

Sorry to hear about the pool, neighbor lost thiers. I was sweating it too as my Polaris booster pump iced over and stopped working, but once it thawed it worked again. No issue on the main pump or heater thank God! That could mean thousands.

Good luck and let me know if you need anything.

Comment

Thanks, Texassourdough. Yep, we love our Austin Chalk stone here in Texas.

Comment

Millstone, nice mill, what drives the gear?

Comment

The mill project was just for folly, yard art, and my learning some stone carving and wood working skills. If it were working it would need a belt drive motor attached to the gear, a top stone, and housing. I wanted it to just age and look like an old abandoned mill which it is doing nicely.

Who designed your kitchen project? I love those corbels under the counter. I have been looking at incorporating the same concept and have been going back and forth from stone to wood. I thought I was about ready to start but after tearing out existing fence and landscape I am rethinking my design.
              Scott -

Comment

Man, that's a lot of work for yard art, but it looks cool. I figured you'd make it work so you could grind you own flour before you make pizza! The problem you have now is you set the bar really high on your pizza oven.

I did all the design myself and I went back and forth for about a year. I had a lot of spacial and view concerns driving mine. Set distance to the pool, certain windows and views I wanted to keep.....you know the stuff.

The corbels under the granite and the brick toe kick were last minute adds when I sketched out the elevations. I also started with stone supports but I decided on the wood beams for contrast.

Comment

great looking oven fairview,,, how about some pizza pics now ??

Comment

I know, I know, I'm typically to busy loading/unloading pizza to take pictures. I need to get someone to put down the wine for a minute and take a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Fairview WFO View Post
                      I did all the design myself and I went back and forth for about a year. I had a lot of spacial and view concerns driving mine. Set distance to the pool, certain windows and views I wanted to keep.....you know the stuff.

The corbels under the granite and the brick toe kick were last minute adds when I sketched out the elevations. I also started with stone supports but I decided on the wood beams for contrast.
                      Who knows why we do the things we do. Your design is incredible and yes I've been looking at views, sun angles various times of year, existing pool and landscape, etc. Get's overwhelming but eventually I will have to settle on a design....
                      Scott -

Comment

Fairview, your outdoor kitchen is awesome. Really nice work.
                        http://cookinginmyyard.com

Comment

Thanks Jaronimo, we enjoy it. Here's a shot from my pizza party album from last night!

Comment

Hey Fairview,,
                            Pizza looks great. Nice Job....

Cheers
                            Mark

Comment

thanks Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X