Keg in kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg in kitchen

Gday guys and girls I am knew to this thread and an glad I have come across it as it has some very usefull and insightful ideas!
    My question is as I plan my outdoor kitchin and oven is, has anyone provided an area where a beer keg can be tapped in? and if so were there any special requirements regarding cooling etc?
    cheers
    P.S yes I am Australian

Re: Keg in kitchen

Get a 2nd hand fridge, big enough to put the keg inside and close the door. Plumb a flex line through the door with tap mounting attached to the outside with slops trough, and bingo, you have a great keg in the kitchen.

I got a refridgerator from a auction selling 2nd hand motel stuff, and have converted 4 fridges to this design. Great if you paint them up and stick stuff to the outside so they don't look boring.

Comment

Originally posted by crwdtb View Post
      Gday guys and girls I am knew to this thread and an glad I have come across it as it has some very usefull and insightful ideas!
      My question is as I plan my outdoor kitchin and oven is, has anyone provided an area where a beer keg can be tapped in? and if so were there any special requirements regarding cooling etc?
      cheers
      P.S yes I am Australian
      If you have room for a full fridge or kegarator that is the easiest solution. I did not have enough space to put in the fridge. I have a common wall into my garage and put the fridge in the garage. I piped the beer lines through the wall and under the counter to a draft tower. I had to add a small fan to keep the beer line cool.

Comment

Jim, that is the BEST setup I have seen!!! Couldn't think of anything better than cooking in the WFO, and on the bbq while watching tv!!! Very jealous, looks great!!!

Comment

We really enjoy the oven. The only think better is thirty two days until the World Cup. We will be hosting a party for the USA vs England match. Should be fun. I am also have a poker party the Saturday night. It is nice to have a cover area in the Northwest.

Comment

Oh...great even i want to join the party nut i think the time is gone i guess.

Comment

Working...
            X