The Morgan's Open-Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Morgan's Open-Grill

I'm currently building a LARGE WFO and have enough space to add a grill On the side. I'm looking for a grill top. I don't weld. Is it possible to order on line a large grate or would it be better to find a local welder to make one for me?

Comment

Originally posted by jjcharris View Post
      I'm currently building a LARGE WFO and have enough space to add a grill On the side. I'm looking for a grill top. I don't weld. Is it possible to order on line a large grate or would it be better to find a local welder to make one for me?
      I bought 3 smaller/normal sized ones from a BBQ supplier and just pushed them together, which is ok for making them longer, but no good if you want to make them wider. It does mean I can swap around grills and hotplates.

Comment

Thanks! I think I've solved the problem. I bought two 24x24 grills with legs that can be used individually in the oven too if I want. Best of both worlds.

Comment

Thanks for the inspiration!

Comment

Beautiful build Morgan family. Love the extra open fire pit. I am in the process of getting my build planned out and saw that you doubled the stand as a retaining wall. Can you please elaborate on any extra steps or details that must be taken into consideration when doing this. I will be retaining approximately 25" of earth behind the stand as the Oven will be going into a slight grade. Thanks for any input.
            Oh, I'm here for the pizza.

Pre-Production Album

Comment

Working...
            X