Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grilling in the Oven ?damages oven floor

Originally posted by wotavidone
    By the way, I am delighted you can all spell humour properly.
    Has anyone else noticed that the Australian Labor Party can't spell Labour?
    It was Labour Party originally, but changed in 1912. It seems the Americanization of Australia began pretty early.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

It is down to the blog being set up in US English hence the spelling variations.

Originally posted by wotavidone
      By the way, I am delighted you can all spell humour properly.
      Has anyone else noticed that the Australian Labor Party can't spell Labour?
      Where can I find logs? I need more!
      Finishing the WFO will come after the barn is completed http://flinthousebarn.co.uk/

Comment

No, there was no blog in 1912. Must be another explanation.

Comment

Ups, I meant wordpress install - such as this forum, when anyone sets up a domain they have the option to set it up where the hosting is, so if the server is in the US the spelling on the website will also be US English.
          Where can I find logs? I need more!
          Finishing the WFO will come after the barn is completed http://flinthousebarn.co.uk/

Comment

Yes, I get that. I do daily battle with students who use US spell check rather than English.
            The origin of the Australian Labor Party is a different issue. When it was formed prior to the first Federal election in 1901 it was LABOUR, but changed for some reason to LABOR in 1921. Presumably from some influence from the "US Labor Movement". They probably thought it made them sound more progressive. That's a bit ironic given the draconian industrial relations the US operate under now.
            Last edited by david s; 03-31-2013, 01:32 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamG View Post
              It is down to the blog being set up in US English hence the spelling variations.
              Its your web browser that cant spell, I have set up forums on Oz hosted sites and they still spell wrongly.
              The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

I did the same with a 8 pound pork shoulder. Roast on a bakers sheet, used a rib rack/Tuscan grill to elevate the it. It rubs me wrong to allow grease to come in contact with the oven floor. Granted you can rake coals over it afterwards but for high fat meats you may have a problem with a grease fire......no thanks.

Comment

Then roast it in a pan. If you don't want it sitting in the fat, put a rack in the pan to elevate it slightly.you need all that caramelization in the pan to make the gravy anyhow.

Comment

In four years I will post a very witty observation about this thread.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by WJW View Post
                      In four years I will post a very witty observation about this thread.

Bill
                      You have been assured 4 more years? Damn, and I've been living day to day!http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif

Comment

Working...
                      X