Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grilling in the Oven ?damages oven floor

Originally posted by GrahamG View Post

I guess your still a bit Pi**ed that you have to work for a living...(http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f25/...ely-18721.html) like most brickies I have come across, they do half a days work and want a full days pay...No wonder the construction industry globally is on its bottom.
    I actually retired from bricklaying and went back to boiler making.
    See being a smarty pants doesnt work.....
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Bricklaying, boiler maker what's the difference? Both trades are dead.

As they say in England "Shut your cake hole".

Have a good one, I am sure you are one of my descendants who was sent to Australia, if records are right because you are father less...

You might want to change your avatar then to an old codger with a wrench - LOL
      Last edited by GrahamG; 03-27-2013, 11:53 PM.
      Where can I find logs? I need more!
      Finishing the WFO will come after the barn is completed http://flinthousebarn.co.uk/

Comment

So much anger.......
        Buy a personal trainer to sort it.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Hey Guvnor......"pull your head in" :..... You can always goof and dig in chit chat area.

Those who come here end up stayin for good reason...!
          Last edited by Bacterium; 03-28-2013, 12:05 AM.
          Cheers
          Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

When I posted my answer to the OP I did not expect to be verbally abused...then when I am, I retaliate - people don't like that "cause the nice guy got nasty!", as the old saying goes - "if you can't take it, don't give it!"

It looks as though the failed bricklayer in oz is now recruiting friends to help his cause - go figure.

My last comment (until a rebuttal) is, "you ain't seen nothing yet..."

I cant understand your last comment? I have been on here since 2011 and I AM HERE for a REASON, to share knowledge (or learn) about cooking using a wood fired pizza oven, that was what I was doing in the first instance SHARING KNOWLEDGE, but the brickie from oz saw it as a way to "have a go" which is not acceptable.

Graham
            Last edited by GrahamG; 03-28-2013, 12:37 AM.
            Finishing the WFO will come after the barn is completed http://flinthousebarn.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamG View Post
              but the brickie from oz saw it as a way to "have a go" which is not acceptable.

Graham
              Graham.
              I dont do this often as the long time posters on this forum (which you are not one of) have got, or is that gotten, used to my sense of humour, but if you are offended by remark about digging up old posts, then I apologize.

You really do need to lighten up thought.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Brickie From Oz, with being British I don't have a sense of humor it was washed away in the rain.

I have been on this forum for a number of years and just because I do not post a reply such as "nice pizza" to boost my post count I am not classed as a long time poster - fair comment.

Sense of humor is something that is usually understood locally, as my sense of humor is extremely dry and sometimes referred to as sarcastic (sorry). I have done business on a daily basis with Americans and I find they just do not get my sense of humor so I stopped a couple of years ago trying to have a laugh.

Just let the pictures on this forum tell the story of good cooking using a wood fired oven irrelevant of who made the oven. The only thing that matters is that we all have one main reason for sharing information and that is the love and enjoyment of burning wood - sorry! I meant cooking food over wood.

Graham

Comment

Just for the record I was born and bred in Manchester England I came to Oz in 1980 and took the oath of allegiance to be made a citizen of Oz in 1988, something of which I am very proud.

Saying humour is a local thing is a load of sh1t, you either have it or you dont, I have many friends from around the world from many different cultures on this formum and most of them get my humour.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Coming from Blackburn Lancashire I had the humour (comes up spelling error when I type it as it should be) washed out of me, even my kids say I need a sense of humour transplant - but I can't find anyone who is prepared to be a donor...

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
                    Just for the record I was born and bred in Manchester England I came to Oz in 1980 and took the oath of allegiance to be made a citizen of Oz in 1988, something of which I am very proud.

Saying humour is a local thing is a load of sh1t, you either have it or you dont, I have many friends from around the world from many different cultures on this formum and most of them get my humour.

Comment

Well I'm glad the both of you are easing up on the hostility. Thank you.

I come to FB to share our common interest with others and really enjoy the friendly atmosphere. I know squabbles will happen but that tension affects everyone on the site.

All the best, Faith

Comment

Cant say I was hostile Faith?

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Sorry Al, I stand corrected. I re-read the thread and you are correct. I guess I assumed with all the hostility it was a give and take kind of thing. Looking back I see that is not so. I was on my first pot of coffee this morning when I read all of that so perhaps I should have waited on the second pot before posting.

I am sensitive to hostility...don't care for it much...all that drama. I much prefer an easy care free life style. Life is too short to go around angry all the time.

Well enough said...sorry once again.
                          Faith

Comment

No probs Faith.

Getting angry and hostile on a forum is just futile.
                            You can be anyone or anything your little heart desires on a forum as no one will ever know the difference.

I always take everything on forums with a grain of salt or two or three.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

A grain or two of sand can be useful in a constructive build of an oven. Rubbing salt in wounds can be painful, as heck.

Comment

Well it was entertaining thought it should go on in another space.

Graham, brickie is capable of taking care of himself, it was more some of your misunderstood comments on Oz. "Those who move to Oz end up staying" as it offers so much as a great way of life........ Whatever your profession or reason for depression!!!
                                Cheers
                                Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

Working...
                                X