Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Grill

Sorry removed
    Last edited by Karangi Dude; 07-15-2013, 10:03 PM.
    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...-s-48inch-oven

Re: Mini Grill

For one steak I have even just used the coal chimney with a grid, works well.

Nice looking chops.

Chip
    Chip

Comment

Hey Doug, are you just experimenting with the BBQ or have you just ran out of firewood....

either way...love it
      Aussie Pete

250th Aussie on this forum...."so i was told"

Comment

wood from a wood turner...now that sounds like good wood. My dad does a little wood turning (unfortunately he lives down the south end of me..Vic), he wouldn't turn enough to keep up my demands for wood anyway. I might have to find a place similar, i know they always use good wood and must be dry, they cant turn with green wood.
        I'll have to do some investigating around my area for such a supplier.

Thanks Doug, always look forward to reading about whats next on the list

Aussie pete
        Aussie Pete

250th Aussie on this forum...."so i was told"

Comment

Doug,

Love your grill idea looks great. But it got me to wondering, I have an oven in the house loaded with firebrick. I use it for the loaf or two instead of firing up the WFO. So how many of us have firebricks stuffed in unconventional places?
          Last edited by Faith In Virginia; 01-26-2012, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Faith, would you say baking bread in a kitchen oven on firebrick is better than using a typical pizza stone? I'm looking for a way to do the occasional loaf or two without firing up the WFO, but just using my regular stone (fairly thick but nothing like a brick) disappoints, now that I'm used to the WFO. I'm thinking that firebrick would have a lot more thermal mass and might work better.

Karl

Comment

That's the idea Karl. I'm adding a bunch more thermal mass. It's not as good as the WFO but it is a big improvement over a single pizza stone. I did not use the full thick bricks but the thinner ones and it works just fine. Be sure to give the oven a long preheat time. Another thing I did, This oven I have dedicated to small bread batches so I also removed the oven vent to increase the moisture levels while baking. I also heat up an old cast iron pan and throw in ice cubes after I load the bread. Makes nice steam. Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks; I'll give it a try. Love the WFO but sometimes I just want to bake a couple of loaves.

Karl

Comment

I love seeing all these posts from Austrailia. The only thing stopping me from moving to Austrailia is all the teeth that the wildlife has!

Comment

Originally posted by Karangi Dude
                    Hi Sac,
                    The main things that have teeth that might wan't to bite you are crocks and sharks and they are in the water, so we don't go swimming where they are.
                    You do have some nasty Snakes and Spiders though.

All ten of the worlds most venomous snakes live in Australia.

The Ten Most Venomous Snakes

Redback Spider
                    Sydney Funnel-web Spider

And then there are box jellyfish, blue-ringed octopus, and the stone fish but as said these last three also live in the water.

The 10 Most Dangerous Animals in Australia

Chip
                    Chip

Comment

Originally posted by Karangi Dude
                      Hi Chip,

When are you comming downunder? you could bring Sac the more the merrier you all can have a feed out my oven
                      Doug,

Have been two times so far and have friends in MEL and Perth. Next trip will be 2013 possible Barrier Reef and or Broome.

We will put you on the agenda for the trip to Barrier Reef. Probably would fly in to SYD and drive up.

Chip
                      Chip

Comment

Working...
                      X