Homemade Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade Grill

I had this grill built to my specs here in Mesa, AZ. You can see my oven in the background. I use the expended coals to heat up the grill for veggies and Mex cooked chicken, etc.

The grill was made from a full sheet of (4x8) 3/16 steel. So their was nothing left over, the plans called for the grill to be 4x4 with 1ft sides. The grill top slides and is 2ft x 4ft with steel mesh.

The legs have an internal piece that can extend and raise the grill up another foot just to make it comfortable.

When in the down position, it also serves as a great fire pit.

what you see in the grill is a piece of mesquite for a piece of wild caught Alaskan salmon we got as a gift. The firebrick is used to keep the coals in one place and focus the heat for a great sear. The salmon was about 1 1/2 inches thick so it had to cook for about 9 min total time. It was great. In fact my hands still smell of the mesquite smoke as I am typing this.
    Last edited by navyintel; 12-08-2012, 07:15 PM. Reason: add a correction

Re: Homemade Grill

I have better images at a larger size of the grill I posted earlier - I am learning how to post a little better. ml

Comment

Nice! Where are you getting your metal at?
      Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Originally posted by C5dad View Post
        Nice! Where are you getting your metal at?
        Jans Metal Work
        1125 South Center Street
        Mesa, AZ 85210

Comment

Thanks Navy Intel. I was looking for a supplier closer to home than Davis Salvage.
          Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Working...
          X