Commercial Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial Grill

Check out the ironwork decoration....nice ribs too!
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Re: Commercial Grill

It's an interesting idea to use angle irons for a grill. I google translated "Costillas en addo" and it couldn't cope with "addo". Ribs on the grill, perhaps?
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Yes, costillas are ribs.
      sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Funny, the muscles between the ribs are called intercostals, at least in English. Probably intercostillas en Espanol. Damn! They said Latin was a dead language! I should have taken that it after all! (just kiddin', of course, dmun - I didn't catch the connection myself till XJ threw it out there)
        GJBingham
        -----------------------------------
        Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Originally posted by dmun View Post
          It's an interesting idea to use angle irons for a grill.
          I imagine that it catches drippings?

One of my other outdoor cooking endeavors is maple sugaring (wouldn't you guess there's a forum for that too?).
          I know some guys make their fire grates (for WF evaporators) that way. They say the ash caught in the angle insulates them from the coals above so they don't deform from the heat.

Comment

Jim I'm still in the planning stage. (Seems to go on forever) I want to add a grill to my planned outdoor kitchen and have tried to find a large grill surface. No luck other than small sections sold at Home Depot Your post gave new insite. Thanks Do you think the angle iron would wick the heat too much? My plans are for a 24" X 36" grill surface.

Comment

It's an interesting idea to use angle irons for a grill. I google translated "Costillas en addo" and it couldn't cope with "addo". Ribs on the grill, perhaps?

Dmun, this one had me stumped as well. The best guess I could come up with is that the sign really say's "Costillas en adobo" but the writing is a little sloppy. I think adobo is a spice or marinade, but not too sure. I've never had it.
              "Pizza, the world's most perfect food."

Comment

grill to my planned outdoor
                I did grill using some iron lists 4-5 mm and welding equipment! It works fine no problems!
                wood chips

Comment

"Costillas en adobo" (not addo) means marinated ribs. Adobo is a thick sauce or glaze or marinade you either soak them in or apply while on the grill.

Comment

Originally posted by nandj1966 View Post
                    Jim I'm still in the planning stage. (Seems to go on forever) I want to add a grill to my planned outdoor kitchen and have tried to find a large grill surface. No luck other than small sections sold at Home Depot Your post gave new insite. Thanks Do you think the angle iron would wick the heat too much? My plans are for a 24" X 36" grill surface.
                    HD and Lowes are really expensive for metals - check out your local steel supplier for prices that are at least 1/2 you see at the big box. Reason is that they do not turn the metal over quickly and it is more of a favor. You should be able to find any size stock you need (round bar, wire, angle ...) Most of the folks I know use steel walkway grating or expanded and rolled/flattened mesh with a frame of angle, all mild steel.)

Best of luck!
                    Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Working...
                    X