Wet Wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet Wood

Any recommendations for someone who bought what he was told was seasoned wood but turned out to be wet wood? My fire keeps going out..
    Shay - Centerville, MN

My Outdoor Kitchen/Pompeii WFO Build...

Re: Wet Wood

finish drying in the warm oven when finished for the day, stuffing the oven with wood is great for drying wet wood ., if you place a door on oven leave a bit open for steam to escape,

Phil

Comment

Um, in order to get a fire going to heat the oven to dry the wood, pick up sticks in the yard, and the neighbor's yard, etc. Seriously, just use yard waste to get the oven hot. Once the fire is out, put in the wood you want to dry like Mavano suggested.

The alternative is to stack it and wait for it to dry - and buy some dry wood for the meantime.

The one other possibility is to split it to kindling size then use it with dry wood. A fire that's already hot enough can accept small amounts of wet wood. Not recommended - more work than it's worth.

Find a neighbor with a big oak tree - much better bet!
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
      [/CENTER]

Comment

Hey Shay,,
        I often use pallets,,,Not the older ones,, The new ones are marked with HT branded on them.. Heat Treated to kill bugs,, no insecitsides are used.. Many will surely tell you not to do this.. I have been using only the new ones, I get a lot of them free from Craigslist They light easy and burn great. And would get your wet wood going good... You can also split your "Seasoned" wood you bought again in half. will help it dry faster

Cheers
        Mark

Comment

Working...
        X