how much of dome should clear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much of dome should clear?

Just finishing up the curing process and started to see the clearing dome phenomenon!

What I saw last night was just about a foot in diameter, and a bit more along the seams of my casa80.

There is currently black soot that goes down to about the bottom of the curved ceiling portion of the dome where it meets the more vertical wall portion.

When firing the oven, how much of that black should I generally expect to clear?

-Preston

Re: how much of dome should clear?

Your whole dome down to the floor should burn clean.

Cheers,
    Tenorio
    May your Margheritas be always light and fluffy.

Comment

I would take your time with the curing though. It will continue to dry out and eventually go completely clear. The more it dries out the faster it will clear.
      My Oven Thread:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Hi ptone!

If your dome has not fully cleared to the floor then you are not (likely) really cured. As other threads note: it can take a couple of months to really dry out a new oven and it will perform better and better as it dries out.
        Jay

Comment

Totally agree with the other replies.... My short personal time blinded me from giving that sound advice also (that curing takes tiiimeeeee...) =P
          May your Margheritas be always light and fluffy.

Comment

Well nearly the whole dome cleared last night and was maxing out my 930F infrared thermometer, so I think I'm close. I took my time curing: 8 days of hot dry weather, 4 days small -> medium, 5 days off (out of town) 4 days medium-> large.

Last night was nominally a curing fire because I didn't cook anything, but probably could of. Tonight will be first cooking.

Thanks for all the quick advice.

-P

Comment

Working...
            X