cracks in stand after stocco and cure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cracks in stand after stocco and cure

hi ,like to thank all for info gleened from f/b 3 years to finish my 42 pompei oven in long island ny.. I followed 100 degree curing scedule and no cracks in my dome or vent up to 700 degrees now.I just noticed moisture and cracks in the block stand .I cant figure why.at the hearth all was sealed .over the 3 years it took for me to build it (im 70+ years old)I had 3 layers of covers over it . can it be the moisture is now comeing out .?will try to post pics if i can .thanks

Re: cracks in stand after stocco and cure

Not sure on the cracks but from a fellow NY'er I want to commend you for the patience and determination over such a long period. I only wish I have it in me at your age. God bless.

Comment

"I just noticed moisture and cracks in the block stand"

I would not worry about a few cracks. What is the foundation design ? Is it a slab on grade or does it have footings ? Was it built on native ground or on fill ?

Comment

foundation was built on a slab over crushed concrete 3 in.above grade .blocks in storage area(under hearth seem damp) Continuing to investigate this mystery and getting to the cooking phase .Just glad the cracks are not on dome or vent--wish i knew how to post pics.

Comment

Moisture can "wick up" thru the slab and concrete or cinder block wall. Try digging down to the bottom of your at grade slab at a couple of locations and seeing if there is any water or moisture standing in the subgrade. It is important the the subgrade (the layer under the concrete slab) is drained.

Comment

wish i knew how to post pics.
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f2/u...otos-3241.html
            My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Working...
            X