Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone collect their own firewood in Vic Au?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone collect their own firewood in Vic Au?

Anyone collect their own firewood in Vic Au?

Well the news is all good, permits and fees have been scrapped by The Toff from Toorak..... 8) as of the 1st September 2011.

Firewood collection on public land
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Re: Anyone collect their own firewood in Vic Au?

Thanks for the info. I've only collected a small pile and will have to seriously consider the cost of collecting my own wood versus having it delivered.

Comment

Hi
      Good on Vic gov...Still illegal to colllect firewood by the side of the road in QLD. Its classed as a "resource" in QLD even though the Gov has sold off the state forests.
      Got Busted by a council worker ( not in the bribane area either) collecting wood.... just smallstuff no axe or chainsaw... a little while ago he recons that I was doing more good than harm...as the amount of garden cuttings dumped was huge. so was the old cement, bricks, plaster etc

Regards Dave
      Measure twice
      Cut once
      Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
      My Door
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Has anyone had any luck grabbing wood from companies while they are felling trees? I stopped by a site yesterday and asked a guy doing some stump grinding if I could grab the logs on the ground, but unfortunately the owners of the land had already claimed them. I should have asked him if it is something they normally allow.

Anyone had any luck in the past?

Comment

Working...
        X