Ever use wood pellets to cure the oven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Ever use wood pellets to cure the oven?

Hello Ja1724,

If it were a Pompeii kit bought from us, you cannot use charcoal without voiding the warranty. If you bought the materials and built the oven yourself, it's up to you.

You may want to check with the vendors of the materials, to make sure the coal will not damage your oven.

Thanks,
    Heidi

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

My feeling is that you wanT a gentle fire preferably without flame particularly in the early fires. Flame on the crown of the dome will lead to sudden temp increase which you don't want. Here in Australia for curing, we use what we call heat beads or brickettes, which are a charcoal kind of fuel. They just glow without producing lots of flame. I think they're ideal. What is the reasoning behind the no charcoal rule Heidi?

Leave a comment:

• ja1724
    replied

Originally posted by HeidiL2011 View Post
    Hello JA1724,

Good question about the pellets, Lets see what everybody else thinks.

You can use paper, kindling, however no charcoal.

Heidi
    Forno Bravo
    No Charcoal, really? I'm reading all kinds of posts about people curing their oven with charcoal this, and Minion method that? This is a 48" Pompeii I built myself, not a FB oven. Does the no charcoal rule still apply?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Hello JA1724,

Good question about the pellets, Lets see what everybody else thinks.

You can use paper, kindling, however no charcoal.

Heidi
    Forno Bravo

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

No reason why it wouldn't work. It just takes heat... They look a lot like rabbit shit and that would work if you can keep it lit.

Leave a comment:

• ja1724
    started a topic Ever use wood pellets to cure the oven?

Ever use wood pellets to cure the oven?

I'm thinking of all the different ways I can cure my oven: paper. kindling, charcoal etc. Anybody ever use hardwood pellets? I have 3 tons for winter use here in CT so they would be handy?

Just curious if anybody has done this and how? If not, maybe I'll give it a go and document my results.
Working...
X