Oven curing, alternative methods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven curing, alternative methods

Well, after some work, got my new primavera 70 in place on its stand and ready for curing. Many have made reference to curing using other methods like a gas burner of sort....at least for the initial stages where a low temp long fire is required. For scheduling reasons, this is something I'd like to pursue as its difficult for me to tend to a day long low temp fire.

Can someone share the details on what they used specifically to accomplish this, and how it was done? Very much appreciated!

Ron

Re: Oven curing, alternative methods

Originally posted by ronh View Post
    Well, after some work, got my new primavera 70 in place on its stand and ready for curing. Many have made reference to curing using other methods like a gas burner of sort....at least for the initial stages where a low temp long fire is required. For scheduling reasons, this is something I'd like to pursue as its difficult for me to tend to a day long low temp fire.

Can someone share the details on what they used specifically to accomplish this, and how it was done? Very much appreciated!

Ron
    Go to Oven Management: firing your oven: oven curing.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing it, but in that section it speaks to the traditional method of progressive wood fires, nothing about the reference I've seen by several posters to using a gas burner or something similar to maintain a constant lower temp......

Comment

Start reading from around post 99 there is plenty there.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

If you need something that can be unattended, a gas burner may not be appropriate.

A small electric box heater with a thermostat may be a better bet.

Comment

Working...
          X