Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time user

Hi,
    I have a Andiamo 70. I cured the oven (with flies).
    I made my first set of pizza's last week. They came out terrible. The crust wasn't cooked enough. I assume the oven wasn't hot enough. I don't know what I am doing. I have an infrared device. I was somewhat concerned about building a fire of 700-800 degress thinking I would crack the oven or start a fire in the 100 degree weather we had.
    Recommendations?
    Should I put the door on to increase the temperature? Or should the door stay off until cooking is complete.
    THANK YOU!

Re: First time user

What kind of flies? Fruit or horse? Just kidding. Keep lighting fires and build up to where the entire dome, including the walls are free from soot. At that point, rake the coals over the floor and position the door so that there is an inch gap. After a few minutes, rake the coals where you want them, add a small log to the fire and proceed.

Comment

Thanks! I am trying again on Sunday.

Comment

I have a Andiamo 70. I cured the oven (with flies).
        I hope this is typo - flies will not cure your oven. And they are pretty disgusting walking on your pizza

I made my first set of pizza's last week. They came out terrible. The crust wasn't cooked enough. I assume the oven wasn't hot enough. I don't know what I am doing. I have an infrared device. I was somewhat concerned about building a fire of 700-800 degrees thinking I would crack the oven or start a fire in the 100 degree weather we had.
        Recommendations?
        Your hearth needs to be 700 - 750 degree's. That seems to be the consensus
        Should I put the door on to increase the temperature? Or should the door stay off until cooking is complete.
        THANK YOU!
        no - leave the door off
        Check out my pictures here:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Working...
        X