Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Wood/Fire Management Tools Do Yo Use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Wood/Fire Management Tools Do Yo Use?

It would be great to know what wood and fire management tool people use. Have you built your own? Found a great tool to buy?

Other that the brush/scrapper, the only fire management tool I use is a long metal bar with a short right angle at the end. Not the best tool in the world, make it hard to put a new piece of wood on the top of the fire.
    Capt. Paul
    Granite Falls WA, USA.
    Oven In Granite Falls

Re: What Wood/Fire Management Tools Do Yo Use?

I use my metal pizza peel to place wood on the fire. I noticed that was the way most of the pizzerias with WFOs did it, so I adopted the same practice. Other than that, I have a poker like yours for stoking up the fire.
    My build progress
    My WFO Journal on Facebook
    My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

I use a 5' piece of rebar that was left over from my oven build.

Comment

I was thinking about building a pair of tongs to move wood around.... Great now I need a forge
        Capt. Paul
        Granite Falls WA, USA.
        Oven In Granite Falls

Comment

I use 3 tools mostly.

One curved scraper that can be used to consolidate the coals/fire or move it from one part of the oven to another.

The 3 pronged one that is actually a kids garden cultivator is good for accurately placing wood on the fire and also for moving cooking utensils around in the oven. The front prong is good for dragging out pots with a hole or similar to grab and the two rear prongs used in unison can drag round things towards you.

The brush is a natural hair brickies brush and that one has been in use for 2 years, just have to keep it out of the fire.

I have a light pair of tongs that I use to move pans around in the oven but I too have been thinking of making some more robust ones.
          Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
            I use 3 tools mostly.

One curved scraper that can be used to consolidate the coals/fire or move it from one part of the oven to another.

The 3 pronged one that is actually a kids garden cultivator is good for accurately placing wood on the fire and also for moving cooking utensils around in the oven. The front prong is good for dragging out pots with a hole or similar to grab and the two rear prongs used in unison can drag round things towards you.

The brush is a natural hair brickies brush and that one has been in use for 2 years, just have to keep it out of the fire.

I have a light pair of tongs that I use to move pans around in the oven but I too have been thinking of making some more robust ones.
            Very nice, like the curved scraper good idea thanks
            Capt. Paul
            Granite Falls WA, USA.
            Oven In Granite Falls

Comment

i mainly use the poker that i have attached the pic of from woodland direct. it can be used as a blower to move the ashes left after brushing. I use the brush and scoop from FB. i dont really have to place log on fire using the top-down burn. i just place another log and put into position with the poker.

Texman
              Texman Kitchen
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

I know I'm a bit late here but anyway! I use 2 tools. A right angled hook made from a flat piece of aluminium bent and screwed onto a brush handle- that's for pushing coals and ash around. And a narrow piece of aluminium tube, probably 5~8mm inner diameter, flattened at one end- this is for blowing the hearth clean before I drop the pizza on it. It's an invaluable tool, my most important.

Comment

Working...
                X