The curing conundrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The curing conundrum

I have a brand new Casa2G 90 that has never been fired and I am reading these and other forums extensively to get the best idea on how to cure successfully. The conundrum is the discrepancy between the Forna Bravo instructions- 5 days of progressively hotter fires "throughout the day for as long as possible" and the 4 star Sticky post that recommends many days and "letting the oven cool as soon as you reach the desired temp." These two plans are clearly different. My instinct is to start with Sticky's plan and do a few short low fires and then when I get up to 300F-400F I may start letting them go longer. If someone could pls advise or point me to the post that discusses these differences I would greatly appreciate it. I am sure it is not rocket science but would hate to screw it up on the first day.

Re: The curing conundrum

I am by no means an expert but I have a Casa2G90 and I followed the 5 day method and and no issues. This was completed 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Re: The curing conundrum

Read post #97 on James thread. Or better read the entire thread as I did. It is really instructive. I am on day 3 of curing now.
      Last edited by v12spirit; 06-08-2015, 07:52 PM.
      Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness?
      I forgot who said that.

Comment

Working...
      X