Insects on firewood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insects on firewood?

Bought some firewood for cheap. What are these uniform sized egg like things on my firewood? Do I have to remove them from every wood or will it be safe to burn off?
    Post with 1 views. Insects?

Hi Odsch,

Welcome to the forum. That is some well weathered looking wood. If it is dry and not too "punky" (rotten, paper like) it should still burn well for the initial heating of the oven. You will just have to try it to find out for sure. Insects, eggs or larvae will just become more fuel for the fire. However, I would switch to a cleaner wood source just prior to cooking a pizzza. Also, (not knowing what type of insects are in your area) you my not want to stack that wood too close to your house.

Advice: Use Forno Bravo Forum's photo sharing software. Many of the outside (so called "free" photo sites have began charging for their services. That has lead to many broken photo links on all forums.
    Last edited by Gulf; 05-09-2019, 03:10 PM.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

They look like they'll burn perfectly well. I wouldn't worry about them. Gulf's advice is good.
      My build thread: https://tinyurl.com/y8bx7hbd

Comment

Working...
      X