Curing oven after 18 months unused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curing oven after 18 months unused

My wife and I have been away from home for 18 montbs and the oven has not been used. It has an acrylic coating so is pretty much waterproof. But should I cure it again when I start using it?

It has been a long time since you have posted, 4 5 years. IMHO, I am not sure a full cure cycle is needed but certainly a slow fire up schedule wood be prudent to drive out any moisture that has accumulated. Since you have an open dome, the floor insulation will be one of the most susceptible locations for water to impact the oven. If the floor is just not heating up then there is water there and it will take several firing to drive it out.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Just about to fire up ours the first time since October. Particularly due to fighting a silly lawsuit regarding our pizza oven. We won and it’s a win for outdoor cooking.
      Back on track so planning on doing a full cure before cooking again. I see people adding weep holes I have a truck pressure valve at the top if the oven. Should I be more aggressive with drying it out or take it easy?

Comment

Working...
      X