Lots of Firewood in Houston - post Ike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of Firewood in Houston - post Ike

Took me awhile to get a post going. Below are some pictures of what it looked like within one street (block) of my house. We did not have any structural damage. I ran a chain saw for 3 straight days clearing houses and streets withn a half mile of the house. And can you belive I got so sick of seeing wood I did not keep a single piece!! (Thus the reason to post in the thread) You would not believe the amount of wood that was down, live oaks, water oaks, pecans, pines, huge ones, small ones. Anyway, just about everything back to normal here, lots of houses to fix.

Sorry for picture quality, of course the camera when on the blink a couple days before Ike arrived. I'll post a few more to this thread with more pics.

Re: Lots of Firewood in Houston - post Ike - more pics

More free firewood.

Comment

Re: Lots of Firewood in Houston - post Ike

And the party never ends!

Feeding the neighbors via outdoor kitchen and a generator. No electric for 13 days, was starting to get old!

Comment

Wow! That wood be awesome (pun intended) ? unfortunately, it?s too far to go.

Les...
        Check out my pictures here:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Richie,

My inlaws are in Gulfport Mississippi. I spent about two weeks down there helping right after Katrina, living on a boat that made it through the storm, and working on a house that had over 9 feet of water in it during the storm!

No electricity anywhere, other than the generators (of which I took one down with me) so I feel your pain.

Would have killed for a pizza oven at the time, but we did have propane for a grill and a lot of other family and friends bringing in supplies, but a wood fired oven would have been a huge hit.

You would not believe the 100' tall trees that were down everywhere after Katrina! I still wish I could have gotten some of that old growth pine just for the lumber potential!

Cheers,
          Travis
          TravisNTexas

Comment

Working...
          X